Inner Chamber Bleeding

When I went to bleed the inner chamber, pulling down on the rod has a fair amount of resistance, can feel the rebound damping, when pressing up on the bleed stroke, no resistance at all, no damping feel.

Is this normal? or incorrect shim stack on the mid valve? or too much float?

You have much less compression than rebound ,that's normal , zero compression isn't

I think I read it takes about 10lb of pressure to move the rod on compression

1 hour ago, mog said:

You have much less compression than rebound ,that's normal , zero compression isn't

I think I read it takes about 10lb of pressure to move the rod on compression

This was without the base valve installed, so there should be a fair amount of damping on the compression stroke? 

Without bare valve very little

1 hour ago, EnglertRacing said:

Dont push hard, without the base valve and ics youll be making a mess of foamed oil instead of bleeding.

On the compression stroke there is as much resistance as having no oil, is that normal?

When I bleed the IC, I do it very slowly so there is no cavitation and until I cant hear any more crackles pops etc

There's nothing forcing the oil through the mid stack with no base valve or ICS installed. It just raises the oil in the chamber and some trickles through whatever you have for float?

It shouldn't feel like much of anything at all. Is the band on your mid in good shape?

31 minutes ago, robw122 said:

There's nothing forcing the oil through the mid stack with no base valve or ICS installed. It just raises the oil in the chamber and some trickles through whatever you have for float?

It shouldn't feel like much of anything at all. Is the band on your mid in good shape?

Brand new from racetech