Where are the 2020 bikes at?

This is my favorite time of your for a few reasons, the biggest being its new model year time. Why do I feel like we usually start seeing them by now?

5 minutes ago, William1 said:

You are six months early.

Come on man! Stores put up Christmas stuff in October. We should be able to buy a 2020 dirtbike before summer 2019! :smirk:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I know KTM doesn't even release info on the new year models until Memorial Day weekend, and the new year model usually hits the floor in September. 

Many are still waiting for the current model year Suzuki RMZ250 to hit the showroom floor.

2 hours ago, 69fastback said:

I know KTM doesn't even release info on the new year models until Memorial Day weekend, and the new year model usually hits the floor in September. 

Late July

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, trailmeisterjoe said:

Late July

Not in my area. I’ve already talked to my dealer about preordering one this year. He said I could order after Memorial Day and would receive it in September. 

6 hours ago, 69fastback said:

Not in my area. I’ve already talked to my dealer about preordering one this year. He said I could order after Memorial Day and would receive it in September. 

Pacific Northwest always late July, early August.  Got my 2017 last week of July a few yrs ago....

Joe

Rumor mill says...
No major changes

Posted (edited)

At this point in time in the history of MX bikes,and due to me being older, wiser and having so many years under my belt.  I could literally buy ANY of them and be used to it in a two days of riding and love any of them. I think that would hold true for most any but the fast Pros.  

People are buying the YZ250 two strokes and having a blast... that bike is like 10 years old and tears it up with the better suspension they put on it.  I think MX bikes  hit a wall in terms of progress I think.  Sure some bikes might feel better to another if your riding back to back... but any one you get is going to kill it and you will get used to it.   I even thinking of  going back to 2 stroke just to mix it up.  Not because I think its better or worse. I now realize they all would work.  I just like new bikes, they feel good.  But I could car less about .24% less stiction and all the marketing boloney.

The only thing that really matters is time in the saddle... that is what always makes you faster, more confident and comfortable...( I"m talking regular people who don't race alot)

Edited by Antigravity Batteries
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Antigravity Batteries said:

At this point in time in the history of MX bikes,and due to me being older, wiser and having so many years under my belt.  I could literally buy ANY of them and be used to it in a two days of riding and love any of them. I think that would hold true for most any but the fast Pros.  

People are buying the YZ250 two strokes and having a blast... that bike is like 10 years old and tears it up with the better suspension they put on it.  I think MX bikes  hit a wall in terms of progress I think.  Sure some bikes might feel better to another if your riding back to back... but any one you get is going to kill it and you will get used to it.   I even thinking of  going back to 2 stroke just to mix it up.  Not because I think its better or worse. I now realize they all would work.  I just like new bikes, they feel good.  But I could car less about .24% less stiction and all the marketing boloney.

The only thing that really matters is time in the saddle... that is what always makes you faster, more confident and comfortable...( I"m talking regular people who don't race alot)

Your last paragraph says it all. All bikes are great these days, just pick one, ride, ride and then ride some more.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, 69fastback said:

Mine was ordered the other day.

• Like 1

I was looking into this a couple months ago. From what I found most if the 2019 press releases were around June of 2018. So if that holds true we have about 1.5-2 months to go.

• Like 1

O new bike thread! Being no one saw the CRF450L coming, here's my own dream line up from Japan, no mx bikes, frankly I think they're as good as they may get for a long time. So dualsport/enduros/answers against the "other guys"..O and ALL these bikes street legal..

Yamaha: WR450f, YZ300X 2T 6sp/E start, XT700R supermoto/comp enduro [ think husky 701]

Honda: XR650R 6sp FI modern suspension and maybe 270 wet, no E start, keep it simple. XR600R aluminum frame, 6spd, FI, air cooled and bare bones stripped, with a 5499$ OTD.

Suzuki: DRZ450S 6spd, aluminum frame, and decent forks, FI too. RMX300 2T Reboot..

Kawasaki: KLR750 the fabled "lightweight" adventure bike. KLX650R reboot [ I know right ], KLX450R, and MAYBE a KX500 enduro/supermoto...

Ok, just dreaming, big time. Personally I think a fleet of truly NEW machines as these are long long long overdue. Like since the mid 90's overdue. An with the absurd "hunger" for really good, really "fast", high performance street legal enduro bikes like the "other guys" build, this "floor plan" is needed to bring some diversity and excitement back into the market..just my thoughts of "new" 2020 bikes..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 7thirtyseven said:

Mine was ordered the other day.

Awesome. Mine is 

able to be ordered after memorial day and will be delivered in September. Congrats. 

17 minutes ago, 69fastback said:

Awesome. Mine is 

able to be ordered after memorial day and will be delivered in September. Congrats. 

Weird how different it is.

I don't have a commitment yet when it will arrive so I could be waiting till September too.