california Foresthill Opening today - "so many trees down"

Heard from Ranger Matt this morning.   he said:  "Yes, we are opening today. So many trees down…."       I am riding this Saturday 4/20,  staging at Sugarpine at 8 am.  The Sheriff is coming with.    I need some log clearing ride buddies.    :ride:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I'd helped if I wasn't already riding with Eldo. on Saturday. 

Edited by BigStick530
  • Helpful 1

19 minutes ago, BigStick530 said:

I'd helped if I wasn't already riding with Eldo. on Saturday. 

maybe on another trip,  Will be nice to ride FH Upper loop 5 and that new single track.   Seems that EF and GN are buried in tree fall too. 

Posted (edited)

no, not as long as we are not riding with USFS personnel.  besides I am USFS certified, or I was. Its' out of date, but who's counting

Edited by bigbob
  • Like 1

Spring has sprung in NorCal IMG_3169.JPG

• Like 1

I am still somewhere in the SoCal desert paradise in my head. I gotta shake it loose and get ready for red dirt mountain

Ok bike, gear and Chainsaw Messiah loaded up. Good Friday leading to good Saturday spring opening day at mother Foresthill

Here’s an Easter story: before when I was living in Folsom and riding lots, after loosing boomer to old age, we found this stray cat and adopted Matt. I am sure I posted photos. Then we moved to LA. 3 years after moving there, Matt got lost but we now think he was taken and dropped off 10 block away from our home. We thought coyotes got him. Now just yesterday we hear from the microchip company that Matt has been found. Turns out a woman in Torrance some 12 blocks away found him sacred and hungry and adopted him. Her regular Vet never checked him for a microchip (dum shit) Till this week the woman took Matt to a different Vet just for regular checkup and bingo he checks the microchip and they contact us. We are leaving him there with his new family as it’s been 5 years now and they love him and care for him. Matt the Cat. 9 lives and still living large. this photo sent to us by his new owner . Happy Easter ! IMG_3172.thumb.JPG.45de7412c706a886b2f85dd11a4c954a.JPG

L

• Like 3

That's a cool story. We had one disappear then come back weeks later and one who never came back. Ya always wonder. Nice you found out about Matt.

• Like 1