Hey guys, 

First time posting. Just got 2012 drz400s. Bought it with mods and fcr39mx. Had had start issues so i took the carb out to clean (ended up being valve clearance) but now bike runs great but throttle sticks all over. Tried all adjustments and don't know what's wrong. Tried running just pull still no good. Pulled the carb out and seems that the pulley that you connect the cables to is very easy to turn by hand. Did i install the spring back incorrectly or is it shot?

Thanks in advance.

You probably put the spring on wrong or have the slide bolted on and cocked.. There was no need to remove the throttle shaft. At most, you remove thefloat bowl and the jets.

Rotating the wheel shpould be easy. Also., you must leave a little slack in the cables. The grip should have some rotational travel both directions BEFORE it acts on the carb.

@William1 

Any guide or reference I can check to install properly. Also I only seem to have one adjustment at the handlebars and it seems like its for the return. 

When you say bolted on and cocked what do you mean? i tried to give it max slack and adjusted from there. When i pull the throttle it seems fine just wont return on its own. I now have the carb out again and want to try to install spring properly. Ive read around and it sounds like it should be very hard to turn at the carb by hand.

9 minutes ago, Adem Akturk said:

@William1 

Any guide or reference I can check to install properly. Also I only seem to have one adjustment at the handlebars and it seems like its for the return. 

When you say bolted on and cocked what do you mean? i tried to give it max slack and adjusted from there. When i pull the throttle it seems fine just wont return on its own. I now have the carb out again and want to try to install spring properly. Ive read around and it sounds like it should be very hard to turn at the carb by hand.

The procedure is first, you fully screw together, the inline adjuster at the bars. Then you rough adjust free plat with the cables at the carb, finally fine adjusting with the inline adjuster.

I've never found the wheel to be hard to turn by hand, nop different from any other single barrel carb.

6 hours ago, William1 said:

You probably put the spring on wrong or have the slide bolted on and cocked.. There was no need to remove the throttle shaft. At most, you remove thefloat bowl and the jets.

Rotating the wheel shpould be easy. Also., you must leave a little slack in the cables. The grip should have some rotational travel both directions BEFORE it acts on the carb.

@William1

What do you mean slide bolted and cocked? Why should open throttle work and not shut?