Drz400sm Tail light Turn Signal kit?

So I’m getting my bike very soon and first thing is the tail light has to go. I see a bunch of different ones but not sure what to get. Some seem like I need to buy additional equipment. I’m looking for something that has everything needed to just plug in and bolt on. Any recommendations?

• Like 1

does this come with the Turn Signals or do i have to select them and add them to the order. Also can i use the LED Tail light as a Turn Signal?

No. It's a DRC Edge LED Taillight that has been paired with our MUCH better bracket system. We've listed the signals and turn signal connectors as OPTIONAL add ons. So, you can purchase JUST the taillight with bracket or package it with signals, connectors and even front triple clamp blinker mounts.

Thank you that clears it up a lot. Just wasn't sure because picture shows with turn signals... 

Yeah the TST is nice...looks clean but I noticed its not DOT approved and im not trying to give the LAW any reason to mess with me. But the TST looks so clean with the built in Turn signals... 

If you want integrated functions my interpretation was you had to buy circuit board from 12 o clock labs which is 85 dollars

• Like 2

I prefer the DRC light with the 12 O'clock labs board. The contour matches the rear fender very well and looks factory. I originally bought the light in 08 with the additional signals like what's pictured above. I didn't care for the look of signals sticking out and they were vulnerable to damage so I added the Labs board 2 years ago. With the 12 O'clock board you choose between 3 different blinker styles and don't have to worry about wiring in a resistor to fix the blink rate. With the standard Edge or even TST you also need the resistors which are an additional charge to have the correct blink rate.

I called TST out a few years ago for posting a fabricated review on this site. Make of that what you will.

Yoshimura also sells kit for the bike.

I had a harness plug that was slightly off so wouldnt lock in correctly with the tst , there customer service was outstanding fwiw.

I almost went with drc. But taillight and board nearly 150 while I got a deal on mine with everything for 100 and very happy with it.  

I've had the TST kit since I got my bike and have had no issues yet with law enforcement.

On 4/17/2019 at 1:09 PM, Sonnie845 said:

this is all new to me thats why im asking.

I have the DRC Edge and 12oclocklabs board and love it, uper sleek and clean.

If you go with the TT  below and get the the 12o'clock board and need a hand let me know.

http://shop.12oclocklabs.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=28&product_id=49

On 4/17/2019 at 12:13 PM, Bryan Bosch said:

So im going to pick the bike up on the 27th and i think im going to order the tail light kit now because the stock one is horrible. Its a tough decision between the DRC and TST.... 

It was for me as well,  you'll probably be happy with either so much better than stock 

• Like 1

Yeah idc either way. The question is... do I want integrated or not? And if I go with integrated are the cops going to be busting my ass about it?