Should I get a Sherco or KTM 300?

So I am dead set on a KTM 300, but been looking around for the mellow power response similar to the 300 has. Also heard sherco 300 has that same mellow response as the KTM 300 XC. Or do these hit hard like a MX bike? I am fine with the power, but I am more worried about it on slipper and technical sections where power comes on too fast that it is unpredictable like my friends MX bike I have been using

or even sherco 250 if it still revs up a bit slower but has that low end torque, unless you guys recommend another brand like Beta, gasgas etc. I like how shercos look and they are less expensive than KTM right?

Posted (edited)

What you posted screams Beta or Gas Gas. Very smooth low end power with plenty on top. Locally Beta's are the least expensive bike followed by KTM-Husqvarna/Gas Gas as a tie.

Edited by weantright

2 minutes ago, weantright said:

What you posted screams Beta or Gas Gas. Very smooth low end power with plenty on top. Locally Beta's are the least expensive bike followed by KTM/Gas Gas as a tie.

appreciate it! guess its time to test em out! I like the low end grunt 

I like the feel of the Husky over the other two. Gas Gas has KYB's that I prefer and would be a hard choice not to look at them.

I really don't know about the others but my 18 KTM 300 has virtually no "hit". It just responds very linear and smooth with the throttle. 

• Like 1

I've ridden the beta 300's, sherco, and ktm 300tpi. All are much better delivery than a mx 2st. The tpi was the most linear and actually loved it (haven't ridden a carbed 17+). Sherco you can get the factory model with kyb or the regular race models with WP. The real stand out for my slow ass on the sherco is the map switch. It changes the power more than anything else. It basically chops off the upper revs. I appreciate that when it gets really technical lol. They're all great options, really can't go wrong.

Posted (edited)

The sherco has the best 2stroke power delivery no question electric pv and a map switch sets it apart. The soft map allows the rider to use more revs on tight trails. The tpi felt responsive but flat to me...

Edited by The Creature
  • Like 1