Honda cr85r timing need help

Do I have to setup the timing on a 2003 honda cr85r like the bigger bikes? Or is it already setup and I can just put on the flywheel and go ?

Ah the old timing question. If the stator plate has a notch or mark, line it up with the mark or notch on the crank case. If you are installing it and you see the original wear marks from the bolts or screws holding it in, then line it up. Torque it down, you maunual should lay out the timing set up, its simple so don't sweat it. line up the fly wood druff key with is slot carefully! then correctly torque it down. Presto done, timing is already programmed in your cdi.....

Edited by cr-dude3
  • Like 1

Ah the old timing question. If the stator plate has a notch or mark, line it up with the mark or notch on the crank case. If you are installing it and you see the original wear marks from the bolts or screws holding it in, then line it up. Torque it down, you maunual should lay out the timing set up, its simple so don't sweat it. line up the fly wood druff key with is slot carefully! then correctly torque it down. Presto done, timing is already programmed in your cdi.....

Thanks I appreciate ur knowledge
  • Like 1