Can someone help me identify my forks!!

Posted (edited)

So I bought a 99 Rm250 and am in the process of changing the fork seals. They seals I got made for that year bike don’t fit. I’m assuming the person I bought it off of maybe put on different forks. Can anyone help?

09F20C02-8BB4-498D-A045-F0A2F8317C39.jpeg

C0ED9546-B131-4660-8815-B9AF475BF810.jpeg

E94678C7-404A-454B-8F41-C1EB10675E2A.jpeg

0AA29C21-655B-4BC4-88A7-98D3C684E011.jpeg

Edited by Brad3770

Looks like a kyb 48mm

Or a 46mm ,it's a kyb anyway

The last statement is not true, the 99 RM250 had dual chamber Showa 49mm rightside up forks and they are the best front end suzuki ever had even by todays standards. Somebody put those forks on because they are upside down. The forks you have are single chamber Kayaba and they can be good but not as much as the Showas. I have guys always wanting to change and unless you get SSS Kayabas you can't get better production front end.

CR

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Charles said:

The last statement is not true, the 99 RM250 had dual chamber Showa 49mm rightside up forks and they are the best front end suzuki ever had even by todays standards. Somebody put those forks on because they are upside down. The forks you have are single chamber Kayaba and they can be good but not as much as the Showas. I have guys always wanting to change and unless you get SSS Kayabas you can't get better production front end.

CR

'99 was the first year 49mm upsidedown, '96-'98 were the 49mm conventional.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Charles said:

CR

'99 stock upside down. 

th (4).jpeg

• Like 1