Klx 450r oil change

I have a 2008 klx450r I see it has 2 oil plugs and 2 filler caps one for the transmission and one for the crank case doesn't it all mix together in this particular bike so what's the reasoning for that 

2 drains and one filler. Crank and trans the same

• Helpful 1

@kxlubber how come when I put the amount of oil that the service manual specifies (1.3L with over haul 1.08L filter and oil change) when I hold the bike straight up I barely see it in the sight glass unless i drastically tilt the bike 

Kawi just like that, not really able to see oil in the glass when cold or it will be puking out the breather when you get riding. Go by measurement.

Check after you run it for a bit and let it cool down.  Then add until in the middle of glass, a little at a time. What 2 fill plugs are you seeing?  and yes, it does not run separate oil for the engine and trans.

Posted (edited)

For sure when I do oil/filter, I put in 1.3L.  I tilt the bike side to side about 45deg to get the last bit of oil out. I always get the oil hot before changing also.  I always do a filter when changing oil.  I always use the OEM Kaw filter, it holds on the nub better.

Edited by wielywilly-g