2001 kx 125 locked up

So yesterday I purchased a 2001 kx 125 that was running perfectly. It had great compression and started on the first kick. I left the bike probably two hours to go to the parts store. When I came back I put on a new tire, grips, and oil change. So I wanted to test the bike out, I kicked the bike over 4 times and on the 5th kicked it locked up. Can anyone help, and has anything like this happened to anyone else

Happens all the time its a 01. Skirt probably broke and wedge in crank 

Take the left side cover off and see if the crank will turn the opposite way, and whether it rotates smooth 

dont try and run it until you determine why it locked 

@Motox367 can fix that for you if you drop it off.   ?

• Helpful 1

9 minutes ago, ss-racing said:

Take the left side cover off and see if the crank will turn the opposite way, and whether it rotates smooth 

dont try and run it until you determine why it locked 

@Motox367 can fix that for you if you drop it off.   ?

?????????

• Haha 1

May very well have a problem under the clutch side cover.  I had a 2001 brand new back in the day, rode the shit out of it for two years until I got my 03.  It was a good bike for me but they all need work from time to time, especially if its been neglected.

In any case, you need to take it apart and diagnose it.  Taking the pipe off is a good start.  If chunks of aluminum are falling out of the cylinder, you know where to start.

• Like 1