2014-17 yz450f 3rd gear....really short?

Hey guys,

So im new to my new 2014 yz450f. Came off a 06. It has 13/50 gearing (stock is 13/49 I believe). I know from research that yamaha made 3rd gear closer to 2nd to close the gap to 4th,  but sometimes on the track or even messing around when im at the top of 2nd into 3rd, it will seem I didnt even shift at all (rpm wise), especially in looser stuff. I know when I first got the bike, in loos-er soil, I thought I was miss shifting and it still being in 2nd, thats how close it seems at times. Is this normal (as in those with a 14-17 can relate)?? In good conditions (traction) its great,but if im going down a straight reving 2nd out, hit 3rd,its like I have to up shift to 4th almost immediately (or very soon) or ring 3rd gears neck out all the way to redline (which im a shifter and like using the torque, I dont like ringing gears out until the bike is screaming bloody murder haha). Anyone else feel like this?

Also,  like I said im at 13/50 now (and mxa has an article that says this is good gearing for most tracks), but will going back to stock make a significant difference and NOT lose "chugging" power? Not trying to buy a new sprocket for a minimal change.

Dont get me wrong, I like the gearing, but literally on the fast track I ride, when I upshift to third I seriously think I miss shifted and its still in second, but once I get to the corner and downshift I realize I didnt miss shift. I just have to whind 3rd gears neck out....

Your opinions, advice, preference and experiences with it will help. Let me know what you think. Thanks

Try lowering to a 48 maybe its going to feel better that way cause i know the yami has plenty of power to pull ya out of anywhere.