colorado Divide/717 conditions?

Heard from a friend of a friend, mostly snow free except for the shady areas. Taking the wife and oldest daughter down to hear them cuss me out tomorrow. Mid 40s and rainy. almost perfect. Dropping off the 4th one in the Springs for a friend. 

20190420_134321.jpg.cda0f3301ba2ac3c49a5d6c4583f367f.jpg

• Like 5

We did 10 miles of captain jack today was mostly clear also

665 to 667 then was forced to turn around because of snow about 2 miles after the 667 /665 intersection

Have fun!

Clean day. Very few snow drifts left. Message_1555873157879.jpg.e0e867ef563e4787ac9d0c3d994bdbb2.jpg

Thanks for the info!
Hope you and the clan enjoyed your day!
Sure love seeing more beta’s out there especially the ladies on the xtrainers!

This is all good to know. Camping up there in a couple weeks for the wife's birthday. Got her dad going to set up camp as a surprise for her as we roll in.they don't see each other too often.

• Like 1

Main loop headed clockwise, from the intersection at 364- this is about the extent of the ice and snow, only around the water crossings. 717D had some deadfall on it that we cut/cleared. 

• Like 2

On 4/20/2019 at 4:45 PM, automagp68 said:

We did 10 miles of captain jack today was mostly clear also

665 to 667 then was forced to turn around because of snow about 2 miles after the 667 /665 intersection

Detail question if you or anyone else here knows:  What is the exact Trail # for Captain Jack's? There are numerous vids out there that say it's #677 (which is not listed on any map that I see).  Or is it actually a bunch of typos and should be #667? 

Looking at the current MVUM I see the TH leads out on 665 to 667 which then connect to 668 or 701 and onto some 4wd roads.  Any better maps out there for this area?

Anyone? :D

4 hours ago, ColoradoJax said:

Detail question if you or anyone else here knows:  What is the exact Trail # for Captain Jack's? There are numerous vids out there that say it's #677 (which is not listed on any map that I see).  Or is it actually a bunch of typos and should be #667? 

Looking at the current MVUM I see the TH leads out on 665 to 667 which then connect to 668 or 701 and onto some 4wd roads.  Any better maps out there for this area?

Anyone? :D

Call any of the guys at Slavens and they can give good directions. Or I can. Are you good to go again?

3 hours ago, G 9.5 said:

Call any of the guys at Slavens and they can give good directions. Or I can. Are you good to go again?

Just collating data for the future. Probably still about 6 weeks out before I’m good again. Man this gets old :’(

How’s the arm?

10 hours ago, ColoradoJax said:

Just collating data for the future. Probably still about 6 weeks out before I’m good again. Man this gets old :’(

How’s the arm?

GTG. Not necessarily as good as new, but I'll take it. Spent the weekend in Moab 2 weeks ago and seemed to hold up well. G

5 hours ago, G 9.5 said:

GTG. Not necessarily as good as new, but I'll take it. Spent the weekend in Moab 2 weeks ago and seemed to hold up well. G

Awesome!  As luck would have it I sustained a comminuted fracture of the main weight bearing bone in my right foot.  Fun!! :cripple:

image.png.17b446ef72ef679fc419e72532a6225c.png

And.. back on topic.. thanks for the 717 videos that I can live vicariously through :)

@G 9.5 and @ColoradoJax... you boys might want to starting eating drinking a bit more calcium as you seem to be getting old and frail like my 83 year old mom.

Maybe you could attach a wheeled walker or cane setup on the back of your bikes.  ?

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, SilvFx said:

@G 9.5 and @ColoradoJax... you boys might want to starting eating drinking a bit more calcium as you seem to be getting old and frail like my 83 year old mom.

Maybe you could attach a wheeled walker or cane setup on the back of your bikes.  ?

Maybe it's that we ride "just that fast"!  :lol:

And I'm now on calcium supplements :wacko:

32 minutes ago, SilvFx said:

easy there tiger, you and I might be next. LOL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, redhurricane said:

easy there tiger, you and I might be next. LOL

yeah no kidding.  probably just jinxed myself.

But, i figured some old timers like me can take a good natured ribbing.

Edited by SilvFx
  • Like 4