ARC DC8, PT Profile Pro, Renthal RL1 comparison

Posted (edited)

Looking to pick up a nice clutch perch assembly, I know WC is very highly regarded but my shop only has the three aforementioned and I don't like dealing with cross border shopping. Bearings and reach (long fingers!) are top priorities , I run wraparound barkbusters so crash resiliency can take a back seat. Searches are having folks say the ARC is very nice as is the ProTaper but haven't found much on the Renthal. It is the cheapest of the three but they are all ~ 170 clams. No mention of actual bearings on the ARC or Renthal, but all three have some sort of reach adjustment. Anyone with first-hand experience able to comment?

Edited by smirmeister

Looking to pick up a nice clutch perch assembly, I know WC is very highly regarded but my shop only has the three aforementioned and I don't like dealing with cross border shopping. Bearings and reach are top priorities, I run wraparound barkbusters so crash resiliency can take a back seat. Searches are having folks say the ARC is very nice as is the ProTaper but haven't found much on the Renthal. It is the cheapest of the three but they are all ~ 170 clams. No mention of actual bearings on the ARC or Renthal, but all three have some sort of reach adjustment. Anyone with first-hand experience able to comment?

I've got an ASV on one CR and ProTaper on a couple others.IMG_5676.thumb.JPG.e7075ea8bcdb0df8152e7860cfc42d01.JPG

IMG_5675.thumb.JPG.71f4e0212636c0c59382723268ed2bf8.JPG

They are both quality products that work well with similar features...both pivot on bearings.

its maybe a personal preference of style...the ASV look pretty nice to me.

2 minutes ago, Sofiedog said:

I've got an ASV on one CR and ProTaper on a couple others.IMG_5676.thumb.JPG.e7075ea8bcdb0df8152e7860cfc42d01.JPG

IMG_5675.thumb.JPG.71f4e0212636c0c59382723268ed2bf8.JPG

They are both quality products that work well with similar features...both pivot on bearings.

its maybe a personal preference of style...the ASV look pretty nice to me.

How is the pull on the PT?

The pull of the PT is as good as any lever can get...its pivoting on a bearing. But, there's not that much difference in pull to a new, greased bolt/hole pivot lever.

I ponied up the $'s because the levers are less breakable than stock and I don't run guards. Plus, my stock levers were a bit worn. The adjustment features are nice.

• Like 1

Found out that ProTaper makes the Profile without the fancy unbreakable lever at half the price so I went with that and used the extra to pick up a new cable as well. Pics to come when it gets here next week.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, smirmeister said:

Looking to pick up a nice clutch perch assembly, I know WC is very highly regarded but my shop only has the three aforementioned and I don't like dealing with cross border shopping. Bearings and reach (long fingers!) are top priorities , I run wraparound barkbusters so crash resiliency can take a back seat. Searches are having folks say the ARC is very nice as is the ProTaper but haven't found much on the Renthal. It is the cheapest of the three but they are all ~ 170 clams. No mention of actual bearings on the ARC or Renthal, but all three have some sort of reach adjustment. Anyone with first-hand experience able to comment?

I've owned all three perch set ups your inquiring about and the ARC DC8 is definitely the nicest IMO.

Unfortunately, the ARCs are so nice, I'll have to put them on every bike I but in the future.

I've owned all three perch set ups your inquiring about and the ARC DC8 is definitely the nicest IMO.
Unfortunately, the ARCs are so nice, I'll have to put them on every bike I but in the future.
Exactly my thoughts. The ARC is a work of art.

Bits arrived today, this lever works awesome - with the new MP terminator cable I also installed the clutch is butter! Love the adjuster and to top it off the lever is super sano. 20190424_171253.jpeg20190424_171301.jpeg20190424_174803.jpeg

• Like 1