Steady throttle/low rpm splutter

I’m not sure if this has been posted before but I bought a fcr mx and I am running stock header, slip on, 3x3 I have 160main jet, 45 pilot and EMN needle 3rd down I’m at sea level, when the throttle is fully open runs fine when I hold the throttle slightly open steadily the bike splutters and jumps, I turned the fuel screw all the way in and the bike runs better so down sized the pilot to a 40 but still has screw turned in all the way and idles better. Also if I take the air box cover off runs a bit better any thoughts?

14 hours ago, DaBikeLife1 said:

I’m not sure if this has been posted before but I bought a fcr mx and I am running stock header, slip on, 3x3 I have 160main jet, 45 pilot and EMN needle 3rd down I’m at sea level, when the throttle is fully open runs fine when I hold the throttle slightly open steadily the bike splutters and jumps, I turned the fuel screw all the way in and the bike runs better so down sized the pilot to a 40 but still has screw turned in all the way and idles better. Also if I take the air box cover off runs a bit better any thoughts?

Means you running rich.Taking the airbox cover off allows more air in-runs leaner but i think you have another issue as the jetting specs sound good.

O ring is on, I used the spring that came on the original screw as the one that came with it seemed a bit too long?