Carburetor

So, I couldn't get my bike to idle at all (03 crf450r by the way) completely rebuilt the carburetor still wouldn't idle. had a carburetor from an 06 crf450r, cleaned it, had all the same jet sizes except the main it was a 168, to my 170 bike idles and runs great now. still have no clue why my other carb just up and stopped working correctly.

Pilot circuit has debris.  Try back flushing the circuit by running carb cleaner through opposite of the operational flow.

Assuming all other things are equal, idle screw setting, etc it does sound like your pilot circuit is having an issue. I had a broken piece of fuel screw oring that had been pushed up inside the pilot circuit where carb cleaner and compressed air wouldn't blow it out and you couldn't see it. Had to run a 60 pilot just to be able to idle. Gently reamed it out with a length of soft copper wire and the rubber plug finally came out.

i bet it is mid-body gasket...my 2005 would not idle at all, played around with all the jets ending up with crazy settings.  split the carb and found the gasket was all deformed in the intricate area of the pilot circuit....put in new gasket and bike runs perfectly ever spring 2018