What stage one mods did for me

I had a hard time putting down the cash for a full pipe and ejk... it's dang near 25% the cost of the bike. Oh, and I ordered a uni filter from Australia as well. Great product. 

Im still running stock gearing, kind of at a loss still what to do with that since I would love to have a granny gear,  but having top end is good for getting around fast.

Stock I could get the bike to 73mph downhill with no wind, and slight inclines would cause me problems keeping the bike at 65mph no matter what gear. Today I put on a powercore pipe and power bomb gear and used positrons settings (only the first 3, haven't figured how to use out the second 3) and the bike will hit 85 on flat with out a problem easily, and get there fast. It will cruise happily set 75mph, and even take on some hills. These mods are absolutely worth it. It will now do power wheelies as well is 2nd gear and throttle response is far improved. With just the ejk, everything was a little better. The full exhaust was a home run. Not second guessing my home choice anymore, I wouldn't have bought the 300 kit if I knew this would wake the bike up this much. Now I can't wait to get the cbr300 in....

20190417_123415.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Ducky Dog said:

If you adjust those last three settings on your EJK to lower settings the power will come on sooner.

they are the switch points for fuel delivery time,, lower the # the sooner things happen

check it out and you will be impressed

Thanks! It just so happens I was messing with the settings last night and did exactly what you recommended. It's amazing how much more you can get just from little tweaks. This bike has gone from putt putt to really fun. It will easily do second gear power wheelies, anywhere in the rpm range. 

On 4/17/2019 at 8:43 PM, trailtracker650 said:

Stock I could get the bike to 73mph downhill with no wind, and slight inclines would cause me problems keeping the bike at 65mph no matter what gear. Today I put on a powercore pipe and power bomb gear and used positrons settings (only the first 3, haven't figured how to use out the second 3) and the bike will hit 85 on flat with out a problem easily, and get there fast. It will cruise happily set 75mph, and even take on some hills. These mods are absolutely worth it. It will now do power wheelies as well is 2nd gear and throttle response is far improved. With just the ejk, everything was a little better. The full exhaust was a home run. Not second guessing my home choice anymore, I wouldn't have bought the 300 kit if I knew this would wake the bike up this much. Now I can't wait to get the cbr300 in....

20190417_123415.jpg

Where can I find positron's settings?  What exactly do they do?  I bought a used 2016 CRF250L two months ago that came with an EJK module and an FMF pipe and header, but I don't know how to change the settings on the EJK.  Other than some occasional popping on deceleration, the bike runs fine, but it's good to know what alternative settings people have found to be useful.

Edited by Ocaptainmycaptain
need to add info

On 5/13/2019 at 8:57 PM, Ducky Dog said:

did a search,,, found this

Positron has suggested. 1.5 , 2.5 , 3 Have fun!

those are the first three settings

Thanks Ducky, I have been searching for these numbers also. I just got home with a practically brand new 2015 with the full FMF exhaust and EJK. The bike runs much better than my friends stock bike, but definitely needs some tuning. It has a slight hesitation coming on the throttle and seems a little on the lean side. I also need to research how to adjust the EJK, and if anyone has settings for the last three modes that would be great.

M

On 5/16/2019 at 4:47 PM, jeffrow68 said:

Thanks Ducky, I have been searching for these numbers also. I just got home with a practically brand new 2015 with the full FMF exhaust and EJK. The bike runs much better than my friends stock bike, but definitely needs some tuning. It has a slight hesitation coming on the throttle and seems a little on the lean side. I also need to research how to adjust the EJK, and if anyone has settings for the last three modes that would be great.

My last three settings are 4/3/3