Cams

Hey guys, when I kick my bike over my cams aren’t moving, it is my understanding that they should. Am I wrong or is there something wrong with the cams or the chain?

Something isn’t right, the chain is direct driven from the crankshaft to the cam sprockets so they should be turning, has the top end recently been taken apart? My guess is if the chain is obviously on the cam sprockets either chain came off of the lower sprocket and that should be a fairly easy fix with the head off and cam caps removed, if that isn’t it there may or may not be a woodruff key sheared off for the lower sprocket that may have sheared

Something isn’t right, the chain is direct driven from the crankshaft to the cam sprockets so they should be turning, has the top end recently been taken apart? My guess is if the chain is obviously on the cam sprockets either chain came off of the lower sprocket and that should be a fairly easy fix with the head off and cam caps removed, if that isn’t it there may or may not be a woodruff key sheared off for the lower sprocket that may have sheared

After digging around the cam did come off the lower sprocket

Hopefully none of the valves were at full lift when you kicked the engine over

(you would of felt resistance or the engine would have locked up)