97 kx250 Top end gasket?

97 kx250 Got the Tusk gasket kit. Where do all these rubber o rings and the metal ring go? Gaskets were obvious. Sorry if it’s a stupid question. 

Posted (edited)

What's the black thing you've got on the cyclinder? Did the engine have that on there when you took it apart?

Edited by Dane Richardson

That’s the gasket.  

Yes, there was one just like it on there before. 

33 minutes ago, Dane Richardson said:

The rubber or rings are for the head

529 posts. That was not one of our better ones. :)

The copper gasket and the two larger o-rings are for the exhaust pipe. The smaller o-rings go on the power valve system. Here's a parts diagram from Partzilla:

92055      RING-O,17.5X1.5

92055A   RING-O,11.5X1.5

92049 is a seal

MjA2NTA5Ng-13d968b3.png

• Like 2

22 hours ago, KDXGarage said:

529 posts. That was not one of our better ones. :)

The copper gasket and the two larger o-rings are for the exhaust pipe. The smaller o-rings go on the power valve system. Here's a parts diagram from Partzilla:

92055      RING-O,17.5X1.5

92055A   RING-O,11.5X1.5

92049 is a seal

MjA2NTA5Ng-13d968b3.png

Oops, o just assumed it was for the head. All the bikes I've done had o rings for the head

• Like 1

Extra stuff with a Tusk package I would assume. But did you order the correct Top End Gasket Kit, now I feel like I need to fill out an ID10T form with my question. Eye"D"TenTee. All I know is when they have new personnel in the warehouse at RockyMountain it can be like training a new baby how to be aware of where the dog goes and uses the bathroom in the back yard. Just a funny pix not blasting R/M. they do a great job 99% of the time.  I had to have a lead in to post this...

Just remember to warm that engine properly with a forged piston vs cast piston visa versa.

Funny BackGround.jpg

Ended up using all the included parts so no complaints from me. 

First real ride after breaking her in and couldn’t be happier. No leaks and running great. Thanks Thumper racing in Gardnerville, NV.  

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 6:05 PM, TahoeJer said:

Ended up using all the included parts so no complaints from me. 

First real ride after breaking her in and couldn’t be happier. No leaks and running great. Thanks Thumper racing in Gardnerville, NV.  

That is great to hear. Another successful 2-Stroke Build. What 2-stroke Pre-Mix did you finally decide on?

Keep Smokin' em'...

3 minutes ago, TahoeJer said:

32:1 Interceptor

Amsoil makes a fine product. Too rich (cash flow) for my wallet. I chose Maxim 927 Castor. There are a lot of old timers (back in the day) MX Riders around me that love the smell of it. I looking forward to taking the engine out when it is time for a new piston and look at the Power Valves to see how well it does in the area of the engine. 

3 minutes ago, TahoeJer said:

Amsoil makes a fine product. Too rich (cash flow) for my wallet. I chose Maxim 927 Castor. There are a lot of old timers (back in the day) MX Riders around me that love the smell of it. I looking forward to taking the engine out when it is time for a new piston and look at the Power Valves to see how well it does in the area of the engine. 

7 minutes ago, TahoeJer said:

7 minutes ago, TahoeJer said:

5 hours ago, KDXGarage said:

Congratulations. I don't ever recall seeing someone post the same message four times.

It is crazy. My computer has a mind of its own at times. Sometimes I barely get a message off. My hands were blown off in Orlando by a hooker who I met on the Orange Blossom Trail after I graduated from Navy Bootcamp November 1980 Company 198. I still remember her, man she was good. She got in my head while I was writing and my hands were rotating back and forth while I finger fiddled the keyboard and I must have hit the eject button those 4 times.