What should I add that is realistic not crazy money spender here. I have ceiling tall cabinets on the way and can not do anything to concrete floor due to no waterproofing under garage floor and it will just peel up epoxy or paint when vapors deep through concrete.

Went from this mess IMG_1295.JPG

To this IMG_1273.JPGIMG_1275.JPG

New bike stands, parts washer, scissor jack and 4 big ceiling tall 60 inch wide cabinets on the way.

What should I add that is reasonably priced.

• Like 9

Mini fridge stocked with beer would fit right nice under the bench!!!!

(My preference only) I don't care for cabinets or for chit on the floor. When I clean the garage out (dry wall repairing, touch up painting, etc.) most everything is on wheels or neatly hung on the garage walls for easy peasy cleaning.

• Like 3

I’d add a tv, or at least a stereo. I like background noise while I work on bikes. More lighting from different angles would help, as well as a dedicated work bench light for carb stuff etc.

• Like 2

More lighting. Period. Well, maybe more bikes too. A computer and 32" monitor with stereo are always nice. 

image.png.9db492dc000c84cd2c46fe1c9272a5be.png

• Like 9

Mini fridge stocked with beer would fit right nice under the bench!!!!
(My preference only) I don't care for cabinets or for chit on the floor. When I clean the garage out (dry wall repairing, touch up painting, etc.) most everything is on wheels or neatly hung on the garage walls for easy peasy cleaning.

I have a mini fridge already just not stocked yet

More lighting. Period. Well, maybe more bikes too. A computer and 32" monitor with stereo are always nice. 

image.png.9db492dc000c84cd2c46fe1c9272a5be.png

Haha the xr250r, pit bikes, and I’m sorry but quads are on the other side of the garage at the moment and for lights just some under cabinet and garage lights?

I’d add a tv, or at least a stereo. I like background noise while I work on bikes. More lighting from different angles would help, as well as a dedicated work bench light for carb stuff etc.

Will do adding light this weekend post pick when I have them up and thx for the carb light idea

15 minutes ago, Jace Perez said:

Haha the xr250r, pit bikes, and I’m sorry but quads are on the other side of the garage at the moment and for lights just some under cabinet and garage lights?

LED, under cabinet lights to provide direct shadow free lighting for your bench surface. 

• Like 3

Also, if you do a fair amount of work on your feet, some harbor freight rubber mats take away the cold/hard concrete fatigue. 

• Helpful 1

Nice set up. There are lots of options on flooring, but for low $ I went with something like this about 5 years ago in my garage. It's wearing well, but steel kickstands with a small footprint will need a pad under them. 

https://www.walmart.com/ip/G-Floor-75-Mil-Diamond-Tread-10-x-24-Midnight-Black-Garage-Flooring-Cover-Protector/19416049

Google home mini.

For hands free music because hands dirty.

Plus,

"hey Google, whats the torque spec on a crf 450 rear caliper bolt?" 

Its not usually right but I'm surprised that it actually can find a torque spec.

but you'd be surprised how good it is comparing part prices or general shop/house supplies too

I'm having fun with it.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if they're there but unseen, I would suggest a mounted pivoting vice and a bench grinder, with grinding wheel on one side and wire brush wheel on the other. In terms of hand held power tools, I find that an angle grinder and cutoff tool are extremely useful. All of the above for ~$150 at Harbor Freight, or even better, more professional tools at garage sales.

• Like 1

:cheers: Very nice , like was said, vise, bench lighting, tunes, extra chairs for buds that stop by, girl and bike pics on walls...:thumbsup::cool:

• Like 1

As many have said - you can never have too much lighting.  Fixtures are relatively cheap now and with LED you don't have to worry about overloading a circuit.  Get the lighting first then add the other stuff over time if you are on a budget.

• Like 1