Hey guys I figured I'd see what everbody else thinks I have a 2008 Yamaha YZ250F  A has a good handful of goodies on  At levers handlebars  Fmf. And previous owner said it was rebuilt.  I'm currently trying to make the decision as to whether or not I want to trade for a 2006 Honda CRF250r. The bike is just about a 100% stock was rebuilt at the end of last season and has 2 brand new tires to go with it. What should I do. 

received_277132149864234.jpeg

20190403_190758.jpg

You have a newer bike

Your bike is obviously taken care of

You know what shape your bike is in

All bikes being sold are 'just rebuilt'. That means it might have a new spark plug. Seriously, who rides a MX bike with the tires like that? You replace them way before they become that worn.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, William1 said:

You have a newer bike

Your bike is obviously taken care of

You know what shape your bike is in

All bikes being sold are 'just rebuilt'. That means it might have a new spark plug. Seriously, who rides a MX bike with the tires like that? You replace them way before they become that worn.

Good point didn't really think about the tires and okay I was looking st it as it's a Honda they last but judging by that its beat probably thanks I appreciate  it needed another opinion

Posted (edited)

2004-2006 Honda engines are not known for best longetivity (cylinder head issues)

oppositely the 5 valve YZ-F engine is one of the most durable 250F designs.

The 500-1000$ you'd spend in parts on another pre-owned 10+ year old used bike is better invested in yours.

While most concentrate their efforts only on the engine,

refurbishing the chassis & linkage bearings and, suspension fluids and bushings will make it feel 'tighter' and handle better.

Edited by mlatour

WHY would you even consider going to al older and worse bike?