mechanicalhelp 2018 crf150 r expert siezed engine

I have a 2018 honda crf150r expert Big wheel and my engine sized. the bike has literally 6.5 hours on the engine and the whole thing is destroyed. it has been giving me trouble since the day I bought it and whenever I brought it to the dealership they said everything was alright and said to just let it idle for a few minutes. According to my mechanic the piston is stalled and the whole engine has to be replaced so im kinda screwed as of right now.   would it be possible for me to get my money back from the dealership since I have brought the bike to them several times to get it checked and each time they dismiss it as if nothing is wrong but as soon as i get home it refuses to start. Does anyone know how much it would cost to get it repaired and or if anyone is in the northern New jersey/nyc area wants to buy it message me. 

thanks 

Posted (edited)

How many time have you checked the oil and coolant levels in those 6.5 hours?  (before each ride is mandatory)

Cost to get it repaired depends on actual damage, it requires a complete tear down to estimate.

Labor will likely not be much different but, price of parts needed will greatly affect the final price.

Engine starts fine by dealership mechanic but not yourself can simply be your technique (a CRF150R is not the easiest bike to start)

Don't know about your regional laws but even brand new, closed-course race bikes are often sold as-is with no warranty whatsoever.

Edited by mlatour
  • Helpful 1