Yup......another title question.

I’ll try to make this short and sweet.... I bought an xr100 with the title. The previous owner apparently had a bad experience selling a car to someone underage, so he wanted to follow the rule COMPLETELY when making this transaction. So he made me have someone who was over 18 sign the title in front of him. I guess I can’t complain, as he is just following the rules. What I wanted to do was have him sign it off, and then bring it home and have one of my parents sign off on transfer the title in their name. Unfortunately my parents weren’t available at the time, and it was such a good deal I was able to get my sister to sign the title as she is 19. My question is can I somehow transfer the title in my parents name even though my sister signed it. Or do I have to have her get it in her name, then have my parents sign off and transfer it again?? As of now, my sister still has the same last name as my parents, but she is getting married in 7 months. So I don’t know if that would mess with the title too. TIA!!

Most titles have multiple lines on the back to transfer from owner to owner. Commonly used by car dealers when they get a trade in and then transfer the car to a wholesaler to sell at auction. It could have four transfers on it.

Worse case, you go with your sister and parents to DMV and sort it out.

• Like 1

one question, why an xr100! they are hard to resell, they are tiny and slow and weak. I would never go through title trouble for an xr100. I just got rid of mine on a 1 in a thousand trade for a kx250f and I am so relieved I was able to get it gone.

one question, why an xr100! they are hard to resell, they are tiny and slow and weak. I would never go through title trouble for an xr100. I just got rid of mine on a 1 in a thousand trade for a kx250f and I am so relieved I was able to get it gone.

Not really sure what you mean...... I sold my old 2002 xr100 3 weeks ago for 1100 with title. So as soon as I saw this guy selling a 2002 xr100 with title for 400 it was a no-brainer to pick it up and resell. And they might be tiny, slow, and weak, but you are missing the most valuable thing about them.....they are bulletproof!! Perfect bike for a dad to get his son or daughter and not worry about having to fix it after every ride. And good deal on trading it for the kx250f.

Posted (edited)

thanks. It might be just where I live. I was in this trade for the kxf and a person messaged saying they were interested in the xr and I told them it would take 1200 for them to take it, and they said I was crazy. Illinois must be nice

Edited by xz225f