350sxf timing chain tensioner

Hello everyone, I recently just purchased a 2017 ktm350sxf, bike was in need of replacing the tensioner, I purchased the dirt tricks 2.0 tensioner and went to install today and ran into a few issues, I grew up a 2 stroke guy so all this new 4 stroke stuff is a bit confusing to me, could be stupid but #1 how do I go about getting the spark plug out? I removed the tank and it seems almost impossible to get the boot out without loosening the engine mounts, and #2 how do I go about turning the engine over by hand considering it is electric start only? remove the ignition cover?? Sorry, may be a stupid question Im just used to the simple kick start method on 2 strokes lol

once the spark plug is out, put in 6th gear and bounce the rear wheel around.  Be careful with the boot, many have damaged them on removal, and causes major running issues.

you may have to cut away some of the wiring tie wraps above the spark plug boot, there's an indention in the frame above . allows the boot to go up high enough to remove

once the spark plug is out, put in 6th gear and bounce the rear wheel around.  Be careful with the boot, many have damaged them on removal, and causes major running issues.
you may have to cut away some of the wiring tie wraps above the spark plug boot, there's an indention in the frame above . allows the boot to go up high enough to remove

How do you get the plug out? theres almost no room to get in there with a plug socket and an extension and I dont wanna drop the socket in there and get it stuck

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Yz125*RID3R said:

How do you get the plug out? theres almost no room to get in there with a plug socket and an extension and I dont wanna drop the socket in there and get it stuck

This will help on the boot,  a deep socket and a 3 inch extension and 3/8ths inch Breaker bar, would be my first choice.  A magnet pen might be of aide also.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=how+to+get+spark+plug+out+on+ktm+350&docid=608050806752348108&mid=BBD621E9B89D7DCEE991BBD621E9B89D7DCEE991&view=detail&FORM=VIREHT

I have the 500 and use a 14mm deep socket, not sure if same plug on 350

Edited by Spud786

This will help on the boot,  a deep socket and a 3 inch extension and 3/8ths inch Breaker bar, would be my first choice.  A magnet pen might be of aide also.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=how+to+get+spark+plug+out+on+ktm+350&docid=608050806752348108&mid=BBD621E9B89D7DCEE991BBD621E9B89D7DCEE991&view=detail&FORM=VIREHT
I have the 500 and use a 14mm deep socket, not sure if same plug on 350

I went and looked in the booklet the guy gave me when I bought the bike, low and behold there was a tool to get the plug out of it lol

2 hours ago, Yz125*RID3R said:

I went and looked in the booklet the guy gave me when I bought the bike, low and behold there was a tool to get the plug out of it lol

Ive never tried that one on mine, I prefer using better tools, but if it works, it works.