Lighting system dimming with High output stator

I recently added a 200 W stator to my 2000 XR 400R but since then my headlight and indicators dim as I increase the revs. I added in a single phase regulator/rectifier specific to the 200w power at the same time as well as 12v battery output. I’d appreciate you suggestions on how I could fix this issue or understand what may be causing it. Thanks

Where are you from?  If you have turn indicators you're either from someplace that has them stock from the factory or someone installed an aftermarket kit.

If you properly wired the stator and reg/rec to a preinstalled and previously, properly working aftermarket kit, you uninstalled the old reg/rec from it, right?

If so, then my guess is that something with the way the aftermarket lighting kit is configured isn't jiving with the new reg/rec and stator installation.

I'd check all ground points carefully. There's a double bullet ground connector behind the headlight that is prone to giving one grief.

Edited by Trailryder42
  • Like 1

Dimming with increasing revs indicate electrical noise in the system that confuses the regulator. The noise is from the ignition system because they share the same ground. Just need a filter to  eliminate the ignition noise from the system.  A good battery or a capacitor will work. A bad battery won't. I've used a 10kmfd 50 volt capacitor on 2 conversions.

• Like 1

Thank you all for the input. As I had added in a battery to the system as I run the bike for Adventure riding and need to have auxiliary charging, I realised that I needed to run an earthling cable from the battery to the frame. This has resolved the issue. Thanks again.