Husky 250i part of the family

Just wanted to say thank you for all of your guys help. Ended up adding the ,250i husky as part of the family. It's the 2019 and also along with the beta 350rr. 

I'm going to use one as a snow bike but not sure which one yet. Hoping the 250 tpi will be a very reliable machine. Great I don't have to mess with a carb as well. Ended up getting the 2019 since figured they might have worked on some kinks. 

250i has a bunch of low end grunt but also revs up fast like a 2 stroke should. Highly doubtful I'll ever sell these bikes as I feel the 250 is more power than I ever need. Think got all my needs fixed :)

However I feel like there will be another learning curve with this 2 stroke as the is def powerful prob way more than the mx bike I've been testing around lately lol. Anyhow just wanted to say thanks to whoever helped me out. Feel free to post any tips and suggestions for this tpi 

IMG_20190418_195051.jpg

• Like 2

Yay. Try to keep the oil reservoir topped off before a ride. Perhaps check/grease things like suspension and steering beatings asap because sometimes not enough grease from the factory.

Change trans fluid every 30 hours give or take, or when shifting starts to worsen. The manual will come in handy. If you want, report back on what sort of fuel mileage it gets. Keep an eye out for loose stuff once in a while, especially in the 1st 10 hrs or so of riding. Have fun. Similar torque to the klx, and at least 10 more hp over a smaller rpm range. Oh, can you plate it where you are? Also, I suggest leaving most of the bike stock and don't mess with the power valve.

I don't keep my oil injection tank topped off, but do check it every gas tank fill up. Other than that, adjust suspension to you and RIDE IT!

Just wanted to say thank you for all of your guys help. Ended up adding the ,250i husky as part of the family. It's the 2019 and also along with the beta 350rr.  I'm going to use one as a snow bike but not sure which one yet. Hoping the 250 tpi will be a very reliable machine. Great I don't have to mess with a carb as well. Ended up getting the 2019 since figured they might have worked on some kinks. 

250i has a bunch of low end grunt but also revs up fast like a 2 stroke should. Highly doubtful I'll ever sell these bikes as I feel the 250 is more power than I ever need. Think got all my needs fixed

However I feel like there will be another learning curve with this 2 stroke as the is def powerful prob way more than the mx bike I've been testing around lately lol. Anyhow just wanted to say thanks to whoever helped me out. Feel free to post any tips and suggestions for this tpi 

IMG_20190418_195051.thumb.jpg.05891c1cbe387f9c543b01a13d431ad3.jpg

Wow, good stuff Will!! I thought when you bought the Beta 350RRE that was it and you gave up on the idea of a 2-stroke.

Now we will want to get updates of your Husky experiences Vs. the Beta. Also didn’t you ride the Beta 300RR? If so what drove you to the Husqvarna?

My questions are somewhat self centered as I want to buy a new 2-stroke this year and the Beta & Husky are on my short list, I already own a Beta 4-stroke and love it, but gotta expand the garage with a new 2-stroke....

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Mark-us-B said:

Wow, good stuff Will!! I thought when you bought the Beta 350RRE that was it and you gave up on the idea of a 2-stroke.

Now we will want to get updates of your Husky experiences Vs. the Beta. Also didn’t you ride the Beta 300RR? If so what drove you to the Husqvarna?

My questions are somewhat self centered as I want to buy a new 2-stroke this year and the Beta & Husky are on my short list, I already own a Beta 4-stroke and love it, but gotta expand the garage with a new 2-stroke....

nah lol I needed a smoker and I have no regrets!! went riding today and to me, the throttle response was linear and it can lug down low on 2nd gear up steep technical trails and believe it or not the engine braking is perfect! not as strong a the 4t but still there. I honestly think this is the best bike for me. tbh, I always wanted a husky just something about them and their looks. I also always liked how the suspensions felt every time I test road one and I do like the bigger seat height. I have absolutely no complains i just hope its reliable for years to come. The rear brake is awesome also, very nice and touchy, which I like. perfect for descending hills while standing. Everything is stock as of now, but not sure if I am going to add a rekluse or anything else. Dont think I will sell this bike unless husky or KTM comes out with something crazy and new.. cooks food for you while you ride? idk lol. The TPI is also great. amazing there is no carb and its super responsive in my eyes. and FYI im just a normal casual rider, im not a good rider, an aggressive or anything (sometimes open fields) and this bike is tame enough for me and revvy and fun when I want it to be. 

Just feel like this is the perfect all around bike for me and out of all the bikes I have test road, think the 250 tpi is my fav.

image.png.42144f5418b41e18ff8575a75ec71f3c.png

image.png.f047206bf1a5f935d195fca60b8d0f07.png

image.png.94bf890e9e73c700ce001c33f4e3f08b.png

Edited by RideWithWill
  • Like 2

Yay. Try to keep the oil reservoir topped off before a ride. Perhaps check/grease things like suspension and steering beatings asap because sometimes not enough grease from the factory.
Change trans fluid every 30 hours give or take, or when shifting starts to worsen. The manual will come in handy. If you want, report back on what sort of fuel mileage it gets. Keep an eye out for loose stuff once in a while, especially in the 1st 10 hrs or so of riding. Have fun. Similar torque to the klx, and at least 10 more hp over a smaller rpm range. Oh, can you plate it where you are? Also, I suggest leaving most of the bike stock and don't mess with the power valve.
Every 30hrs? How about every 10-15, i believe thats what the manual says. Id hate to see the oil with 30 hrs on it.

Yeah I plan on every 2 or 3 rides. could be because I am getting used to the machine, but I barely rev the thing out of it I am a very casual rider except on wide open or flowy trails..even then ha ha.

but as far as gas mileage goes, was out on the trails yesterday, ended up doing about 25 miles and barely sucked up any gas. maybe 1/4 gallon? I was mostly on 3rd or 4th gear just puttering around and pipe not screaming much, so it must have been how easy I was on the bike. guess it has so much low end torque didnt really need to hit the pipe. Now my buddies MX bike I was riding, I always had to be on the pipe and that thing goes through a gallon in like 10 - 15 miles. 

13 hours ago, BaddAndy said:

Oil change every 40 hrs per the manual

It also says to only clean the air filter every 20 hrs, i won't be waiting that long for it either

• Like 2

nah i think ill clean air filter every ride or 2 lol. def want to take care of this bike. Feel free to leave any tips advice or other maintenance routines I should do. Im slowly reading the entire manual but..ya know its a lot of pages lol. If I am paying this much for a bike, def want to treat it well! Thanks for all of the replies!

20 hours ago, BaddAndy said:

Oil change every 40 hrs per the manual

I am almost certain these oil change intervals that manufactures are suggesting now are to appease the EPA.  My Ram 6.7 Cummins says every 24,000 km in the manual.  No thanks!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, takethebounce said:

I am almost certain these oil change intervals that manufactures are suggesting now are to appease the EPA.  My Ram 6.7 Cummins says every 24,000 km in the manual.  No thanks!

good point. regardless, I will be changing it every 2 or 3 rides. so 10 - 15 hours. Im not a super aggressive rider anyways I barely hit the pipe much, it I do its usually for a quick 10 sec speed run and thats it. but I lug it around 2nd 3rd gear plenty of low end for me lol

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RideWithWill said:

good point. regardless, I will be changing it every 2 or 3 rides. so 10 - 15 hours. Im not a super aggressive rider anyways I barely hit the pipe much, it I do its usually for a quick 10 sec speed run and thats it. but I lug it around 2nd 3rd gear plenty of low end for me lol

Absolutely I was mostly referring to the 40 hour manual suggestion, its not absurd to think that 5 engine run time hours for a decent ride can add up quickly but I don't always lean on the manuals side for most fluid changes.  Its not as much being on the pipe sometimes as it is lugging the motor can be just as hard on the gear oil as your clutch plates heat up and wear, break down slightly and contaminate the fluid.  Every 2-3 rides is likely overkill for many people and if you are using higher priced lubricants cost prohibitive but for the average dirt scooter even 5-7 rides isn't going be the end of the world if your engine hours are still low.  

I'm curious what factory fill is in the Husky.  Like Beta uses Motul.  Not sure what I will run in my Husky if I rebuild it.  How is the clutch feel?  The new tpi bikes are an awesome thing.  Good to see the Husqvarna name live on and prosper.

Posted (edited)
On 4/23/2019 at 6:15 AM, RideWithWill said:

thanks for all the feedback!!

On 4/18/2019 at 9:05 PM, RideWithWill said:

Just wanted to say thank you for all of your guys help. Ended up adding the ,250i husky as part of the family. It's the 2019 and also along with the beta 350rr. 

I'm going to use one as a snow bike but not sure which one yet. Hoping the 250 tpi will be a very reliable machine. Great I don't have to mess with a carb as well. Ended up getting the 2019 since figured they might have worked on some kinks. 

250i has a bunch of low end grunt but also revs up fast like a 2 stroke should. Highly doubtful I'll ever sell these bikes as I feel the 250 is more power than I ever need. Think got all my needs fixed :)

IMG_20190418_195051.jpg

CONGRATS!!!!  That is one VERY sweet machine you got there!!  I too was looking a 19' TE250i and was going to drive up to Idaho today to get it However I could not afford it.  So I ended up getting a 17' TE250 instead.  I love this thing and can't wait to take it out on the trails.

20190426_193923.jpg.be9d1ce25e6f2aedf22627474fa431ea.jpg

Edited by r1superstar
  • Like 3

On 4/26/2019 at 9:26 PM, r1superstar said:

CONGRATS!!!!  That is one VERY sweet machine you got there!!  I too was looking a 19' TE250i and was going to drive up to Idaho today to get it However I could not afford it.  So I ended up getting a 17' TE250 instead.  I love this thing and can't wait to take it out on the trails.

20190426_193923.jpg.be9d1ce25e6f2aedf22627474fa431ea.jpg

beautiful bike!! I was about to get the 250 carb as well but they didnt have it in stock, so went with the TPI lol. ive been using level 2 power map but feel like I want more power so I might switch back to 1st level map. all I know is, it is much better than my KLX and drz haha

• Like 1