Oil leak when running

Hi I have a 2013 CRF250L with 550km on the clock. Recently brought this bike second hand. It’s in good condition, and has been taken care of.

I pulled the crank case off to remove the JUDDER SPRING from the clutch, that was easy enough.

The crank case went back together fine with a new gasket, it’s didn’t really need one but I don’t like to cut corners.

Filled the bike back up with genuine oil and coolant for the 250L, then started the engine.

When I started the bike oil has started coming out of the bike towards the bottom right of the crank case (weep hole) I let the bike run for 5min’s so I could actually see what was happening.

I checked the screen and the oil was sitting in the middle of the screen where it’s suppose to be.

Have I done something wrong?

I have looked thru these forums for information and have found my answer thanks to some handy people.

From my understanding you have to take the crank case back off and take apart the water pump to reach the mechanical seal and oil seal?

Anyone else found this easy or a hard job? Obviously not everyone has “special tools” but could you make it happen with general tools?

Hi I have a 2013 CRF250L with 550km on the clock. Recently brought this bike second hand. It’s in good condition, and has been taken care of.

I pulled the crank case off to remove the JUDDER SPRING from the clutch, that was easy enough.

The crank case went back together fine with a new gasket, it’s didn’t really need one but I don’t like to cut corners.

Filled the bike back up with genuine oil and coolant for the 250L, then started the engine.

When I started the bike oil has started coming out of the bike towards the bottom right of the crank case (weep hole) I let the bike run for 5min’s so I could actually see what was happening.

I checked the screen and the oil was sitting in the middle of the screen where it’s suppose to be.

Have I done something wrong?

I have looked thru these forums for information and have found my answer thanks to some handy people.

From my understanding you have to take the crank case back off IMG_9073.JPGIMG_9074.JPGIMG_9075.JPGand take apart the water pump to reach the mechanical seal and oil seal?

Anyone else found this easy or a hard job? Obviously not everyone has “special tools” but could you make it happen with general tools?

IMG_9072.JPG