Power Valve YZ250 problem

Found this part loose in power valve. Would intermittently get under side valve actuator and cause power valve to stay open.

Is it supposed to be pressed on the power valve stud? It is clearance fit now. Can rotate it easily  on the stud.

20190418_231118-resized-640.jpg

20190418_231805-resized-800.jpg

6 hours ago, slothspeed said:

Found this part loose in power valve. Would intermittently get under side valve actuator and cause power valve to stay open.

Is it supposed to be pressed on the power valve stud? It is clearance fit now. Can rotate it easily  on the stud.

20190418_231118-resized-640.jpg

20190418_231805-resized-800.jpg

What year is this

Yes, it goes on the aluminum stud so the holder pushes against the flat steel part when valve is closed. Usually the aluminum stud breaks off and stays in that little cap. Clean it up good and try to glue it on there with some thing. Apparently it can be run without it like the early model years 99, 00, 01 I think.

It's a 2012. I see pics where the stud breaks off inside this part leading me to believe its pressed on.

It's a 2012. I see pics where the stud breaks off inside this part leading me to believe its pressed on.

Yes it’s pressed on, not sure if they had any adhesive from the factory or not but you may be able to clean it up and with the right stuff glue it back on there?

Pressed on, and red loc-tite is your go to. Do not use for at least 24 hours to insure a good bond. Clean it up with brake, or carb cleaner, the pour some alcohol over it (NO not the stuff you drink) and blow off with compressed air. This will ensure a clean bond with the red. Do not over due the amount, you just need to keep it in place, make sure it is sitting square on the tip of the PV so it doesn't get knocked off again.

• Like 1