Does a yz250 gas tank fit on a yz250x

I have a yz250x and I'm looking into getting an oversized tank for it. I was wondering if a yz250 oversized gas tank would fit on the X.

Posted (edited)

Oh no.... 

Here we go with access to the spark plug again... 

IMO, I don't care for fast access to the spark plug, I'm jetted right and rarely foul a plug.

Zip Ty= Good tank, custom made by IMS for the shop, and the fuel sits lower. One main mount only but the strap and both radiator shrouds hold in on and I have never had an issue.

IMS= good tank (some find fitment issues). Uses all mounting locations.

Acerbis= Good tank, but it does have what some think of as a nut cracker. Fuel does sit higher than the rest, most have 2 petcocks. 

Clarke= fitment issues, good tank.

Forgot, they come in colors.

Happy Easter. 

He has risen. 

Edited by 2 STROKE YZ DOC

12 minutes ago, 2 STROKE YZ DOC said:

Oh no.... 

Here we go with access to the spark plug again... 

IMO, I don't care for fast access to the spark plug, I'm jetted right and rarely foul a plug.

Zip Ty= Good tank, custom made by IMS for the shop, and the fuel sits lower. One main mount only but the strap and both radiator shrouds hold in on and I have never had an issue.

IMS= good tank (some find fitment issues). Uses all mounting locations.

Acerbis= Good tank, but it does have what some think of as a nut cracker. Fuel does sit higher than the rest, most have 2 petcocks. 

Clarke= fitment issues, good tank.

Forgot, they come in colors.

Happy Easter. 

He has risen. 

I haven't fouled a plug in forever... But I guess I also know how to jet a bike accordingly... 

• Like 1