Rookie ATV riding areas near Charlotte? or within 200 miles?

I have a buddy who lives in the Charlotte area. He has decades of experience on motorcycles, but just got an ATV to ride because is not a spring chicken. We'd like to find a place where we can ride together. I've got a KTM dirt bike, so I can ride nearly anywhere, but he needs some trails that are less challenging, at least until he gets a dozen or so hours. His ATV has a single left hand combined brake, so it feels all wrong for someone used to motorcycle brakes.

I've been to Brushy Mountain, and it was great for me on the KTM, but I'm not sure it is really all that mellow on an ATV.

Got any recommendations?

Posted (edited)

Outback Atv park in Laurenburg should be within 200 miles.. Sandy soil drains quickly and it is very flat. 

Edited by jap338kx

Carolina Adventure World should suit, it's approx 1 hr south of Charlotte off of I-77....Last I hear it was 35$ a day, but has the amenities   

Another place that you both could enjoy would be Enoree OHV just the other side of Whitmire SC there about 2hrs south of Charlotte. They allow 4-wheelers, but no side-by-sides..... Fast and flowing on a bike, nothing technical. 5$ a day 

Uhwarrie OHV is 45 min/ hour North of Charlotte..... Jeep trail riding, not may miles of trail and a least favored place of mine, but if you out to take a beginner for a short ride it's relatively close. 

Best of fortune