rtv for clutch filler cap seal ?

so my clutch filler cap seal i think expanded cause its impossible to now put it back on and it is now way bigger than the cap itself. so will red high temp rtv work for a ride ?

Hum...either go past any auto parts haus and grab a O ring assortment, and if they dont have a O ring, use plumber/threat tape. If for some reason they have neither, look for some thread sealant, NOT LOCK tight blue or red, it will be white.

6 minutes ago, SparkinPegs said:

Hum...either go past any auto parts haus and grab a O ring assortment, and if they dont have a O ring, use plumber/threat tape. If for some reason they have neither, look for some thread sealant, NOT LOCK tight blue or red, it will be white.

ya i just now put the red rtv on and rode around for a few min. and didnt see any leaks. i want to ride tomorrow and most the bike shops around are closed. u know why that seal would randamly expand ?

7 hours ago, matt indahat said:

so my clutch filler cap seal i think expanded cause its impossible to now put it back on and it is now way bigger than the cap itself. so will red high temp rtv work for a ride ?

Make, model, year... Sounds like you &%$#@!ed up.

I have seen brake reservoir gaskets expand when the wrong fluids were used, or the gasket was exposed to some chemical. Probably OK with rtv for one ride.

Using rtv for this application is like putting a dirty band aid on an open wound. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As said above go to hardware store or auto parts store and find new oring they'll have something that will work. Or just use without for ride not much will come out 

If it's one of those systems that use mineral oil, and you put brake fluid in it, all the rubber is done, need a complete rebuild.