Converting a KLX140L to KLX140G

Posted (edited)

I wanted to see if anyone has converted their KLX140L to a KLX140G — can it be done?  Parts wise what am I looking at (rims, spokes, hubs, tires, and a 140G swingarm — anything else?  The reason I’m asking is my son is growing fast.  He loves the KLX140L and I see no need to spend $3500 to buy a new bike when the KLX140L is in perfect shape.  Looking at Partszilla the parts seem to be reasonable — are there any aftermarket complete rims/hubs?  I’d like to spend the extra money on a big bore kit and suspension parts.  Ultimately I know a full size bike is in the future.  Living in Maryland that means limited riding opportunities though (even if you own 20 acres due to noise ordinances). That’s why the 140 is perfect for keeping my son busy and not playing Fortnite.

Edited by R1peacock
  • Like 1

I think that the frame is different, looks like it's lengthened behind the steering head.  That's the way it looked on the showroom floor,  ut I didn't measure anything.

Looking more into it — several components are different and its not worth it.  Looks like my son will need to consider other options....