New YZ 125 otd pricing

I know that Yamaha has done a good job of limiting the numbers of their 2-stroke line so they don't have a lot of discounted bikes sitting in showrooms at the end of the year, but I am wondering about what you guys are seeing for actual deals you get from dealers over this last year, and in US dollars.  I see plenty of 250F and 450s with big discounts but I might be wanting to pick up another YZ 125 (I owned a 2006) but don't want to pay through the nose for it.

I haven't really seen any on the 2 strokes in my area. A lot on the 4 strokes, like you said. I know they keep them in a warehouse and just have one on the floor at all times. Makes me wonder if the factory just sends them new plastics with graphics already on for the next years model.

• Like 1

There are a lot of 2018's in the dealerships here but I'm not seeing any big discounts. They're actually a pretty good deal compared to the States, and OTD pricing should be close in USD to your list price.

I love YZ125s and own two of them myself, but if you have new bike money to burn, it seems like any of the Euro 125 options would be a better choice.  

I think the YZ makes a lot of sense as a used bike with a budget for a suspension re-work for your needs and a general refresh.

• Like 1