Pgh riding

Thanks for the info guys. Ive heard from some people ive talked to that up by the pgh airport there is plenty of good riding. Problem is those people dont know much else other than that so hopefully i can find out more. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2019 at 8:35 AM, DanZ3 said:

Anyone local going to Durty Dabbers June 1-2? I’m meeting some work friends from eastern PA.

I might.  My riding buddy just pulled his hamstring off the bone so if he is ready by then I will be there.

im in canonsburg (about 30 min south of pgh). we ride about 5 minutes up the street, we park at my buddies house and the trails are 50 feet away. not the craziest trails, but theres a bunch of hill climbs and some slate dumps.

my wife, a few friends and I might try and get out there later if anyone is interested. PM me. 

• Like 1

also, i've been working on a list of places to ride just by using google maps satellite and putting together a plan for parking, directions, etc...

ive driven to most just to verify its still there but not ridden most of them. if my list gets big enough (currently 4 locations) ill create a private group on whatsapp and people can join and coordinate rides. 

also, i've been working on a list of places to ride just by using google maps satellite and putting together a plan for parking, directions, etc...

ive driven to most just to verify its still there but not ridden most of them. if my list gets big enough (currently 4 locations) ill create a private group on whatsapp and people can join and coordinate rides. 

Sounds like a great idea. I can’t ride this weekend because my tow vehicle is in for accident repair. Defiantly interested is staying connected.

22 minutes ago, DanZ3 said:

Sounds like a great idea. I can’t ride this weekend because my tow vehicle is in for accident repair. Defiantly interested is staying connected.

Sounds good. Depending on how close you are i don't have a problem being a chauffeur lol. Just a thought going forward.

My trailer has some spare room and the truck bed is nearly empty. 

I'm in Pittsburgh too and just got a KX450 the other weekend- I would definitely be down to ride more local since Mines and Meadows is about an hour from where I keep my bike. Where are they at out by the airport?  That's a good bit closer to me.  I'd be down to meet up and go out one weekend.  I also heard there are some off 28 by Harmarville but I'm not sure where.

On 5/18/2019 at 11:58 AM, DanZ3 said:

I’m in Bridgeville/South Fayette area.

im in canonsburg. were gonna try and get out this weekend on our local trails/dumps. saturday morning probably. its nothing crazy, but the hills climbs and single track are pretty fun. DM me if you want to meet up or need picked up!

13 hours ago, Kawirider92 said:

I'm in Pittsburgh too and just got a KX450 the other weekend- I would definitely be down to ride more local since Mines and Meadows is about an hour from where I keep my bike. Where are they at out by the airport?  That's a good bit closer to me.  I'd be down to meet up and go out one weekend.  I also heard there are some off 28 by Harmarville but I'm not sure where.

i dont know of anything by the airport. most of that has been marked or closed off from my knowledge. 

the spots i know are

muse slate dumps (family member lives 20 feet from the trails)

isabella dumps

behind the russelton shop n save

weirton wv (by far my favorite place to ride but its a 30 minute drive from robinson)

finleyville (not the greatest)

four seasons resort in west finley

mines and meadows

19 hours ago, Kawirider92 said:

I still havent got to talk to anyone whos rode pgh airport to find exactly where everything is but i didn talk with someone who rides out by allegheny county airport. I was told to park near mulligans. Havent made it out there yet to confirm it yet though. Im working on getting more info.

2 hours ago, senayskii said:

im in canonsburg. were gonna try and get out this weekend on our local trails/dumps. saturday morning probably. its nothing crazy, but the hills climbs and single track are pretty fun. DM me if you want to meet up or need picked up!

i dont know of anything by the airport. most of that has been marked or closed off from my knowledge. 

the spots i know are

muse slate dumps (family member lives 20 feet from the trails)

isabella dumps

behind the russelton shop n save

weirton wv (by far my favorite place to ride but its a 30 minute drive from robinson)

finleyville (not the greatest)

four seasons resort in west finley

mines and meadows

Im in bridgeville/sf area myself. We all should try and meet up sometime this summer

On 5/22/2019 at 4:09 PM, RidetoRip said:

Im in bridgeville/sf area myself. We all should try and meet up sometime this summer

I'm down anytime. Me and the wife usually get out every weekend even its for an hour or two. We plan on riding local tomorrow if anyone is interested.