Newly rebuilt yz 125 2001 locking up...

I have a yz125 that is giving me HELL bought the bottom end freshly rebuilt and put the bike together myself. Piece by piece.. I went through a few piston, of course, beingbthat I havent road or even touched a bike in over 10 years. But as I got to know the bike and how to rebuild the tho end like the back if my hand, lol, the damn thing locked up on me after a fresh new piston..... I was able to pull it backwards in 2nd and get it to unlock. Only to kick it a couple times and it licked again.... i took it  apart and mes used with it thini8ng had messed up the bearing but once I got the head off I realized I could move the rod and crank but the rode wouldl get hung up swiveling at the little plastic keepers that hold the rod in place. So I soaked it in deisal and was able to free it up and got lil chunks of stuff out that seem as if tger were getting caught in between the crank and rod..... maybe an old ring that broke off.... idk but I put it back together and it went to start but soon bogged right out and seized again.... the rod isn't moving as if the bearing is out and the crank isn't out if kilter..... could it be just trash caught in there ir is it something else because it seems like it is just getting hung right there at those plastic pieces.. and the gap on each side seem a lik different. Like a piece of ring might have got hung up in it... HELP. I'm 1700 invested in this thing and can't accept defeat. Lol

So you bought a "freshly built" bottom end?  Or did you freshly build it?  Doesn't really matter at this point. Mark is right.

• Like 1

Split the case, get new main bearings and seals, have a good look at the crank and replace as needed. 

Something is NOT RIGHT.

Welcome to TT YZ smokers. Stick around and we will get you back out mixing gas, and twisting throttles. 

• Like 1

Are those plastic stuffers melted by big end rod bearing?

On 4/20/2019 at 9:50 AM, Motox367 said:

Are those plastic stuffers melted by big end rod bearing?

Yes..... melting anyway. Not completely as they were before it was rebuilt

27 minutes ago, Andrew Delaughter said:

Yes..... melting anyway. Not completely as they were before it was rebuilt

Then you need new crank cause bearing has gotten very hot