Jump to content

Suzuki Jr 50 Oil

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Having a manual for your bike is an important tool. Here's a screenshot from one online. Dated 2005. Recommends multi grade 10w-40. I would assume use wet clutch engine oil. Maybe some else can verify20190420_093917.thumb.jpg.3c58cd22dee579a189203bf8d97d2f82.jpgScreenshot_20190420-093026_Drive.thumb.jpg.65fd084dd8964993732d9c9ae05e2c23.jpg

 

Edited by bikeguy17
I'm dumb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had a jr50 and would use motorcycle 10w40 in it. I suspect the red fluid might be bel-ray 80w or something there are some 2 stroke bottom end oils that are red but you should be fine with a 10w40 thats what we always used with no problems. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, rmx250_rider said:

We had a jr50 and would use motorcycle 10w40 in it. I suspect the red fluid might be bel-ray 80w or something there are some 2 stroke bottom end oils that are red but you should be fine with a 10w40 thats what we always used with no problems. 

Thanks heaps. 

I am also worried about the oil injection pump and if it is still working. Is there any way to test it first?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, bikeguy17 said:

Having a manual for your bike is an important tool. Here's a screenshot from one online. Dated 2005. Recommends multi grade 10w-40. I would assume use wet clutch engine oil. Maybe some else can verify20190420_093917.thumb.jpg.3c58cd22dee579a189203bf8d97d2f82.jpgScreenshot_20190420-093026_Drive.thumb.jpg.65fd084dd8964993732d9c9ae05e2c23.jpg

 

Thanks for that screenshot. 

Is there anyway to see if the oil injection pump on the bike is still working? It is just so old and I'm not sure? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, HondaYamahaSuzuki said:

Is there anyway to see if the oil injection pump on the bike is still working? It is just so old and I'm not sure? 

I'm sure there are ways to check for flow but

one way to play it safe is to fill the oil injection reservoir

and, also premix your gas to say 40:1  (in the event that it's not functional)

 

After a tankful of gas has been used up, measure the oil required to refill the oil reservoir

and calculate with the fuel tank's capacity if the consumption is in the 30:1 to 50:1 range.

(divide the amount of fuel used by the oil required to refill)

 

In the event the system is functional, the extra oil won't hurt and at most might foul a plug.

(use a low flash point premix)

Edited by mlatour
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, mlatour said:

I'm sure there are ways to check for flow but

one way to play it safe is to fill the oil injection reservoir

and, also premix your gas to say 40:1  (in the event that it's not functional)

 

After a tankful of gas has been used up, measure the oil required to refill the oil reservoir

and calculate with the fuel tank's capacity if the consumption is in the 30:1 to 50:1 range.

 

In the event the system is functional, the extra oil won't hurt and at most might foul a plug.

Thanks I'll do that I'd say. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/21/2019 at 8:34 AM, mlatour said:

I'm sure there are ways to check for flow but

one way to play it safe is to fill the oil injection reservoir

and, also premix your gas to say 40:1  (in the event that it's not functional)

 

After a tankful of gas has been used up, measure the oil required to refill the oil reservoir

and calculate with the fuel tank's capacity if the consumption is in the 30:1 to 50:1 range.

(divide the amount of fuel used by the oil required to refill)

 

In the event the system is functional, the extra oil won't hurt and at most might foul a plug.

(use a low flash point premix)

Hi I have another post on some more problems you might be able to help me with. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×
×
  • Create New...