Selling a 98 KX 250 - Checking Value

I have a 98 KX 250 I am prepping for sale.  It is still on the original top end and has very low hours.  I bought it from a guy who rode it a few times the first season he bought it, then rarely ever used it until I bought it last year.  

I figured this forum would give me a good idea on price.  I really like the bike, but it honestly was an impulse buy and I didn't need it.  I had fund doing the woods conversion and I just love the way it looks and rides, but I like my bikes to have license plates and be street legal.  It is time to thin the heard and this one has to go.  

I have done a lot to make it woods worthy and kept all stock parts.  I have new OEM shroud graphics for it.  

I took it out for a final "goodbye" ride and ended up bending the pipe, so I am sending that in to Fusion One pipe repair to be put back to "good as new" then I will put it up for sale.

1. Steahly 13oz Flywheel Weight
  2. Steahly Kickstand
  3. ODI Lock on Grips
  4. Tusk D-Flex Hand Guards
  5. Devol Rear Disk guard
  6. Devol Skid Plate (not recommended for long term, get something that covers more)
  7. FMF Turbinecore 2 Spark Arrestor Silencer
  8. 18" Rear Wheel off a KLX 300 with Michelin S12 Tire
  9. Frame Guards
  10. Tugger Strap
  11. Still have original 19" rear wheel that will come with the bike
  12. Spare Clutch - The guy I bought it from had bought it as a spare and included it.  So, bike is still on the original clutch and it works fine.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pearsth said:

I have a 98 KX 250 I am prepping for sale.  It is still on the original top end and has very low hours.  I bought it from a guy who rode it a few times the first season he bought it, then rarely ever used it until I bought it last year.  

I figured this forum would give me a good idea on price.  I really like the bike, but it honestly was an impulse buy and I didn't need it.  I had fund doing the woods conversion and I just love the way it looks and rides, but I like my bikes to have license plates and be street legal.  It is time to thin the heard and this one has to go.  

I have done a lot to make it woods worthy and kept all stock parts.  I have new OEM shroud graphics for it.  

I took it out for a final "goodbye" ride and ended up bending the pipe, so I am sending that in to Fusion One pipe repair to be put back to "good as new" then I will put it up for sale.

1. Steahly 13oz Flywheel Weight
  2. Steahly Kickstand
  3. ODI Lock on Grips
  4. Tusk D-Flex Hand Guards
  5. Devol Rear Disk guard
  6. Devol Skid Plate (not recommended for long term, get something that covers more)
  7. FMF Turbinecore 2 Spark Arrestor Silencer
  8. 18" Rear Wheel off a KLX 300 with Michelin S12 Tire
  9. Frame Guards
  10. Tugger Strap
  11. Still have original 19" rear wheel that will come with the bike
  12. Spare Clutch - The guy I bought it from had bought it as a spare and included it.  So, bike is still on the original clutch and it works fine.

Thats in beautiful shape and if ask me pne of the best kx250s . 2200-2500 to right person id say maybe little more to woods guys 

Very nice bike.  I agree on the price, if it were local I'd be thinking real hard about it.  That's the kind of bike I buy even when I don't have room for it and probably won't ride it.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2019 at 10:39 AM, turbo dan said:

Very nice bike.  I agree on the price, if it were local I'd be thinking real hard about it.  That's the kind of bike I buy even when I don't have room for it and probably won't ride it.

There is always shipping!

Here are some pictures without plastics and exhaust to show how good of shape the bike is to see what you think.  The pipe is out for repair / repainting and this will be going up for sale as soon as I get it back in two weeks.

Airbox.jpg

Left Engine.jpg

LeftBare.jpg

Right Engine.jpg

RightBare.jpg

On 4/24/2019 at 12:02 PM, KDXGarage said:

Is that red silicone on the ignition cover and clutch cable?

Yes.  I used it when I reinstalled the cover with the added spacer as per Steahly's instructions for the fly wheel weight.

https://www.steahlyoffroad.com/pub/media/wysiwyg/gray-instructions.pdf

":8. Install ignition cover using the original gasket and all the spacers and gaskets supplied with the kit. Many kits do not require a cover spacer, so if there are none in your kit you probably do not need any. A plastic cover spacer should have a gasket on each side of the spacer or a gasket on one side and silicon sealant on one side"

Edited by pearsth

3 hours ago, pearsth said:

Yes.  I used it when I reinstalled the cover with the added spacer as per Steahly's instructions for the fly wheel weight.

https://www.steahlyoffroad.com/pub/media/wysiwyg/gray-instructions.pdf

":8. Install ignition cover using the original gasket and all the spacers and gaskets supplied with the kit. Many kits do not require a cover spacer, so if there are none in your kit you probably do not need any. A plastic cover spacer should have a gasket on each side of the spacer or a gasket on one side and silicon sealant on one side"

i've also noticed the stock kx ignition cover does not seal well and a little extra silicon can't hurt.