2018 CRF250L CLUTCH UPGRADE CONFUSION

Hey i am new here and would like to start off by saying this is a wicked site full of truly awesome helpful individuals all the knowledge shared is appreciated and much respect. OK so i recently bought a new 2018 crf250l put 5000km+ since i bought it 3 months ago done frequent oil changes but notice the clutch is a POS. seen most ppl upgrade and that is what i am trying to pry some info and clear the air of confusion. I see everyone talking about the ebc CK1313 but when i check for my 2018 the CRFSONLY site brings up a part number CO1313. This the same thing or just the upgrade for mybike being 2018 not earlier model. Thanks 

Hey i am new here and would like to start off by saying this is a wicked site full of truly awesome helpful individuals all the knowledge shared is appreciated and much respect. OK so i recently bought a new 2018 crf250l put 5000km+ since i bought it 3 months ago done frequent oil changes but notice the clutch is a POS. seen most ppl upgrade and that is what i am trying to pry some info and clear the air of confusion. I see everyone talking about the ebc CK1313 but when i check for my 2018 the CRFSONLY site brings up a part number CO1313. This the same thing or just the upgrade for mybike being 2018 not earlier model. Thanks 

Looks like the CO1313 is the friction plate kit with the springs included. The CK1313 is just the friction plates. You would have to order the EBC CSK188 springs separate. Both of these together would equal the CO1313. Some choose Barnett springs that are stiffer than the EBC springs even though the EBC springs are stiffer than stock. I went with EBC and have been happy. I didn’t want to fight the clutch lever all day every day with really stiff springs. Just my preference. The main point of the whole process is to get rid of the judder spring which is stacked in with the friction plates and the main cause of clutch slippage. Get a crankcase gasket in case you can’t reuse the original. They are cheap. I had to very carefully scrape the old one off since it was glued on from factory. Just sayin’ . The green areas on the crankcase are where the gasket tore and stuck.

IMG_0583.JPG

• Like 1

That is perfect clarity I appreciate your time and sharing your wisdom and experience. Thank you. 

• Like 2