FCR Swap - Help on one last topic

Hey All,

I am hoping to clear up some confusion I am having with the final changes to the FCR Slant 39mm before I install it on an '18 SM.  My last area of concern is with the removal of the slow air jet.  Is this mod specifically for certain version of the MX and not the slant?  I have read many forums (here and elsewhere, good info out there) and I am still unclear if this is something I should do on the Slant?  Also, with this removal do I also run the jumper hose across the two currently capped off ports (see pic)?

Any help would be appreciated!

Mods completed thus far for this install (3x3, full Yoshi, JD Jet kit for the FCR, Eddy's Mod).

Thanks,

CC

-

IMG_3168.jpg

IMG_3169.jpg

No. The slow air jet is not removed from the slant body FCR and probably not a good idea on any FCR.

I see you have an adjustable pilot air jet rather then the fixed size jet.  Set the adjustable air jet at 1 turn out and cap the side nipples.

When you did the "eddie mod" did you modify the AP diaphragm to allow full stroke so the carb will fully open?

• Like 1

Perfect, thanks Noble!  The side nipples are capped and yes, the current pilot air jet is adjustable.  I did indeed modify the diaphragm to allow for full stroke.  Excited to get this carb back together and on the '18 :)  Waiting for a couple replacement parts from BikeBandit and I'll be ready to do the swap!  I am also doing the vacuum nipple to keep the stock petcock in place...