Ram Off Road Park

Curious to get your guy's thoughts on Ram. Is it with the to from Denver down there? I'm not much of a track rider but sometimes it looks fun. I definitely need a veteran or progressive track since I don't have much experience with jumping. Does it get super busy? Is it filled with a bunch of hooligans and what not?

Thanks all

Steve

I've only been down on week days when it isn't busy so can't speak to that part. There are two tracks and lots of open riding area. Good place to practice technical things like short hill climbs, couple rocky step ups, some narrow stuff some may call single track but only is short sections. I like to play around there when I don't feel like going alone on a trail, and not feeling the MX track. I can definitely see how being busy could make it less fun.

It can get a bit busy on weekends but people are friendly. Track is not really groomed but they do work on it to keep it safe. It’s always dry hardpack with some sandy sections. 

Worth the drive from Denver? Probably not unless you have a few other stops in town.

23 hours ago, sgmartz said:

Curious to get your guy's thoughts on Ram. Is it with the to from Denver down there? I'm not much of a track rider but sometimes it looks fun. I definitely need a veteran or progressive track since I don't have much experience with jumping. Does it get super busy? Is it filled with a bunch of hooligans and what not?

Thanks all

Steve

I can't comment on whether its worth it for you...but I can say we drive down sometimes...usually during the winter when most everything else is closed. I'm a little closer than Denver....so my drive is a little shorter.

The rzrs really mess up their big track (and are very scary when they are out there with you), but when they aren't out, its fun. You can avoid the bigest gap jumps via bypasses and just roll the others if desired...and you can work on your jumping skills on the tables and step-ups if ya wanna. There are big bowl turns, some fast straights and its mostly hardpack.

There is a bikes only small track out front that you may wish to start on. Also, there are a bunch of steep ravines in the back corner with abrupt rock faces which you can play around on.

Heres a short vid a made a couple years ago.

Edited by dmac1
  • Like 1

Thanks everyone for your feedback. Sounds like it's worth in the winter when you're itching to ride!

32 minutes ago, sgmartz said:

Thanks everyone for your feedback. Sounds like it's worth in the winter when you're itching to ride!

Unfortunately, there is really not much to ride near Denver until May.  

I was there twice last week. Lots of open space, a track and plenty of technical areas to work on. Hill climbs, both mild and steep. Plenty of kickers all over to practice on. All sizes of jumps if you're into that. I ride all of it. I'm slower on the track and I roll the bigger jumps, but everyone is always cool. Use your head and stay out of the way of the faster riders and it's all good.

Is it worth the drive? Depends how bad you want to ride. I met a couple guys there last week from Boulder.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2019 at 7:34 AM, ReaptheHeat said:

Unfortunately, there is really not much to ride near Denver until May.  

Pawnee grasslands main draw November to April 1, PPIR (Fountain CO) and in mild winters Rampart/Divide/Rainbow Falls can be ridden near year round. 

Divide last weekend, mostly dry with just a few snow patches left. Worth the drive IMO

• Like 1

On 4/20/2019 at 9:01 AM, sgmartz said:

Is it with the to from Denver down there? I'm not much of a track rider ...

Maybe Fountain would be more up your alley? If you gotta pay $10 to ride that is ;)

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, redhurricane said:

Pawnee grasslands main draw November to April 1, PPIR (Fountain CO) and in mild winters Rampart/Divide/Rainbow Falls can be ridden near year round. 

Divide last weekend, mostly dry with just a few snow patches left. Worth the drive IMO

Been hitting those spots this winter.  But the 3+ hour round trip drive is really starting to get old.  Time to grab a trailer to spend the night at these places and get a weekend in.  Or take up MX.

Edited by ReaptheHeat

I'm thinking about exploring there for the first time time thos Friday if you are interested.

If you mean tomorrow 5/3, I'll be there with a friend too. Stop by and say hi. I drive a black Titan XD pulling a blue enclosed trailer. I'm the short guy on the KTM.

We get there just before they open and bail in the early afternoon before it gets too busy.

I'm thinking about exploring there for the first time time thos Friday if you are interested.

If you mean tomorrow 5/3, I'll be there with a friend too. Stop by and say hi. I drive a black Titan XD pulling a blue enclosed trailer. I'm the short guy on the KTM.

We get there just before they open and bail in the early afternoon before it gets too busy.
Yes I mean 5/3. Are you riding the track or open area?

Both, but less track.

Yes I mean 5/3. Are you riding the track or open area?
  • Like 1