Harsh Forks on '96 250

I rebuilt my '96 CR250 completely. So far it is an absolute great bike other than harsh fork action. I have read that the forks were the only item holding this bike from greatness. I shuffled the shim stack and it improved slightly.

Can anyone recommend a tuner that has an absolute fix for the forks or should I convert for an '08 CRF 250 twin chamber swap? I suspect the fork swap is the only "fix" for this. I'm curious if any racers are using the OEM forks and who valved them.

I know if I call Factory Connection (or any tuner) they will tell me confidantly they have the cure. I'd like to hear from those that are racing on original equipment.

Mark

Posted (edited)

Factory Connection knows those forks very well, and has been working on those forks and valving mods for them since 1996,  they will revalve them for your weight and what terrain your riding.

Might also need new fork and shock springs for your weight.

They would do  My suspension in the 90's and they worked great for me. And I still use them today.

I have a few older CR's. and wen I dont have time to do something myself Factory Connection is my GoTo. 

Edited by Orange Crush 500
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Orange Crush 500 said:

Factory Connection knows those forks very well, and has been working on those forks and valving mods since 1996,  they will revalve them for your weight and what terrain your riding.

Might also need new fork and shock springs for your weight.

They would do mine in the 90's and they worked great for me.

I have a few older CR's. and wen I dont have time do do something myself Factory Connection is my GoTo. 

This times 73!!!!! I wasted many $$$$ on other tuners before going to FC. Corrected what the other "gurus" screwed up and transformed the bike. Haven't even touched a clicker.

• Like 1