CRF70F 2005 - Throttle Valve Rotating

Hello Thumpertalk,

New to dirt bikes, my little girl (7) wanted to start riding this year. After a small spill this morning, the bike started leaking fuel out the over flow line from the carb. Did some quick reading, some people say it can get stuck, so I took the carb off check it and good to go. When putting it back together I was struggling with the throttle valve, got it back together and all seemed to run ok. Did some minor carb adjustments, but noticed after a sec the Idel screw wasn't going back in (it ended up on the side of the valve and not in the throttle screw stop location). Anyways so not the throttle valve has a small dent, the Idel screw might need replacing, but the bigger thing is when I put the valve in the correct position and the Idel screw in the right position, when you pull the throttle handle the throttle valve rotates inside the carb and doesn't sit back over the Idel screw like it's supposed to.

Is there something that is supposed to be on the opposite side of the carb wall that stops it from rotating?

Is the spring / throttle cable in the wrong position?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

xReRunx

Can you post some photos of what you are referring to? Having a hard time picturing what you are talking about but think you might be talking about the slide in the carb??