2005 Kx250 2t trade for 2016 ttr230

So the other day i came across a 05 kx250 and asked the guy if he wanted to trade for my ttr230 and he said sure but he wanted like 500 on top i think i could get it down to 400 my ttr comes with the title. the kx250 runs and is in working order im meeting him next week is this a good trade? any input would be appreciated thanks.

05-07 KX250 has massive hit in the power. If riding track or desert; just fine but tight slow trails not so good.

i would be riding mx

I think your TTR is probably worth more than the KXF, but it’s all in the eye of the beholder I suppose.

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Shoni said:

I think your TTR is probably worth more than the KXF, but it’s all in the eye of the beholder I suppose.

Not KX-Funky, a KX250 2stroke. Well, OP mentioned the KX seller wanted $500 on top.  @David Cardenas Did you get it?

Edited by TheSlayer

Not KX-Funky, a KX250 2stroke. Well, OP mentioned the KX seller wanted $500 on top.  [mention=530938]David Cardenas[/mention] Did you get it?

Ahhh okay! In that case, i would say that they would be probably around the same worth depending on condition, maybe the KX worth a little more - but I don’t know about $500 more! Still, all in the eyes of the beholder. But yes OP, update us!
  • Like 1

I ended up just buying a new husqvarna 250f the kx didint look like it was in the best condition and i didint think the trade would have been worth it instead im going to sell my ttr and with that money probably get a 2 stroke ive never ridden one and just have an itch to try it

2 hours ago, David Cardenas said:

I ended up just buying a new husqvarna 250f the kx didint look like it was in the best condition and i didint think the trade would have been worth it instead im going to sell my ttr and with that money probably get a 2 stroke ive never ridden one and just have an itch to try it

Good thinking. Good news is, modern non-MX 2strokes are much easier to ride than 15+ years ago. Of course, just be prepared for the steep power curve and more "hit" compared to any 4stroke. If you get a change, do a demo day so you can try various bikes in 1 day.