Carburetor Question 2003 XR50R

New here..my son bought an xr50R 2003 at a local swap meet that needs a lot of work.  He is up for the challenge, but his parents (myself included) know nothing about dirtbikes.  He has bought a new carburetor and it is a Honda part..but he cannot find a manifold intake that fits on it? He keeps ordering ones on Ebay that claim they fit, but they are all too big? Can anyone help with this, point us in the right direction to purchase?

Screen Shot 2019-04-20 at 1.59.56 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-20 at 2.00.11 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-20 at 2.00.21 PM.png

If you want to use OEM parts, your local Honda powersports dealer can order the parts for you or you can order the parts online at a OEM parts seller like this: https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/oem-parts

The part number for the intake manifold is: 17111-165-620

Make sure you get the o-rings and spacer if you don’t have them (part #’s 8, 15, & 16 in this diagram:IMG_2072.jpg

If you post this over on the Planetmini’s forum you will likely find someone willing to sell you one when they removed one from their bike to modified it.

It’s great that your son want to fit it himself and that you are supporting his efforts. How old is he btw?

My son is 14 so I know exactly what you are taking about.

Yeah that’s really nice, I bought my grandkids a XR50R and the mom won’t have it even with helmet gloves boots and pants, but she will let them ride a skateboard down the cement sidewalk with shorts on, just don’t get it, hope you keep supporting your son it’s such a good sport and the family can get involved also, gets alittle expensive.

You haven't told us about the manifold that was originally on the bike.  Has it been lost?  Does the new carb not match the manifold that is on the bike?

Nice nail color by the way.