Hi guys I just bought a theft recovery crf230l. I bought it not running/ no spark. A google search brought me here. I followed various posts to trouble shoot and I have determined the coil is shot but before I replace it I need to sort out some wires that have been twisted together. I found a wiring diagram but its not for the 230L and there is a difference. Can anyone provide a link to or a picture of a diagram for the L version?

The wires spliced together are a green with yellow stripe which is twisted to a black wire going to the start/stop switch on the handlebar. 

thanks for any help..

Thanks adnohguy. I  was itching to ride, not wait for snail mail. Lol

No worries though I found what I was looking for on another site.

Fun bike! I've been running mine hard for 10 years. Only big change was upgraded forks. Otherwise change the oil, adjust the valves and hold it wide open! 

• Haha 1

Sounds like a good plan. Lol

I'm finding it hard to get info specific to the 230L though. Most everything is different from the other 230 models. I  did discover my cdi is totally missing or hidden so well i cant find it. Lol

Gee.. . Why don't I have spark??

Posted (edited)

Pretty sure the hook up for that is under the seat, on the plastic shelf right behind the air box. Hopefully I'm remembering the right bike lol. You have the Honda Manual? 

Anything aftermarket, you definitely have to dig. It sucks, but it adds more challenge to building it up!

EDIT: While you're waiting for manual or whatever, if you need to see anything specific, I can take a picture of the manual and the part on the bike if needed. Probably be easier to text it if that works for you. Just PM me your number with the request. Might not be same day, but I'll get it to ya. 

Edited by buryurfear14
  • Like 1