my 2008 450 xcf that I bought new has just developed a bog off idle that it never had? It is all stock except a pmb spark arrestor end cap and a 48 pilot(I put that in as soon as I got it) and it has been the crispest bike I have ever owned! now it has off idle bog. I took carb apart and cleaned it had a little bit of "dirt" from sitting but nothing bad. I checked all the ports and everything was fine,AP seemed fine also! I see all the posts about the jetting these things can be, but cant understand how it went from great to this?

If it previously ran fine on the same jetting then it's not the jetting.

Your carburetor is 11 years old, things wear out even at half that age, especially in a Keihin FCR.

Topic of interest: 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, mlatour said:

If it previously ran fine on the same jetting then it's not the jetting.

Your carburetor is 11 years old, things wear out even at half that age, especially in a Keihin FCR.

Topic of interest: 

Very low hours   basically still brand new!

Edited by rmb551
Misspelled

Posted (edited)

Seals / orings can dry out and shrink with time (years), not related to hours of use.

Being in contact with gasoline (worst if ethanol content)

As mentioned in the other thread linked, the slow jet passageway is often overlooked during cleaning.

Not saying the carb is the cause of your issue but considering the age it is potentially one.

Edited by mlatour

4 minutes ago, mlatour said:

Seals / orings can dry out and shrink with time (years), not related to hours of use.

Being in contact with gasoline (worst if ethanol content)

As mentioned in the other thread linked, the slow jet passageway is often overlooked during cleaning.

Not saying the carb is the cause of your issue but considering the age it is potentially one.

Ill pull it off all the way and check it out, thanx for the reply I have to fix water pump seal as well! I have a 2000 300 that I ride when we go to any elevation (easier to get to main jet) so the poor 450 sits toooo much! I have read the pump seal is prob on backwards from ktm also!