Lost Key Oh No

Lost (I use the term loosely) the key to my FE450. I have the spare, the key code and have ordered a couple replacement keys (blanks I guess) that will need to he cut. Not knowing anything about cutting keys, is this a big deal or should any reputable key maker be able to handle the job? Do they use the key code in some way to look up what the pattern should be? Mostly curious, have others been through this?

You will have to call around. Depends on the code style and programmer required.

My Honda car, only the dealer had the programmer to program the codes into my key for security reasons... 300 bucks for 2 keys including blanks... haven't had to make keys for my bike yet so not sure if that follows the same security rules...

Sorry, misunderstood, I thought you meant it had rfid security code imprinted into key. Any decent key maker that has access to the key code book for your bike should be able to cut you a key.

Lost (I use the term loosely) the key to my FE450. I have the spare, the key code and have ordered a couple replacement keys (blanks I guess) that will need to he cut. Not knowing anything about cutting keys, is this a big deal or should any reputable key maker be able to handle the job? Do they use the key code in some way to look up what the pattern should be? Mostly curious, have others been through this?

Yeah figured, but thought I'd ask about experiences. Thanks for the response