Observed Trials Competition - 05/05 Whitmore Lake

Michigan has a good Observed Trials scene. If you've ever been interested, check out an event. It makes a nice dual sport destination if you'd like to spectate. If you are interested in riding, we have classes that are appropriate for those just learning to use a clutch all the way through expert riders and everywhere in between. We have riders of all ages, genders and abilities. The only requirement is having fun.

Our first event of the season is on 05/05 in Whitmore Lake.  It is being put on by the Metro Trials club.   More information about the events can be found at https://www.motatrials.com/events/.  Or if you have any questions feel free to ask me here.

flyer_thumb.jpg

Doc

Edited by Doc_d
  • Like 2

Won't be able to make this one, but hoping to be up in Michigan mid-month to do a family enduro with my son and daughter-in-law, so now thinking about also bringing up the trials bikes to participate in the Bent Fenders on the 19th.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, markbfe501 said:

Won't be able to make this one, but hoping to be up in Michigan mid-month to do a family enduro with my son and daughter-in-law, so now thinking about also bringing up the trials bikes to participate in the Bent Fenders on the 19th.

That's my club.  I'll be working that event.  I think I already talked to your son.  My plan is to do the FES the day before.  If you need any information on how it works, the rules or help deciding which class to start in we can talk.

If this is your first trials competition, we can set you up with a buddy to ride with you and help you out on at least your first lap.  Our competitions are very laid back and it's all about having fun.  It's not like doing an MX race or Hare Scramble where the competition can get aggressive and as a new rider you might feel "in the way".    There are classes from beginner which is for entry level riders with very little experience riding any motorcycle all the way through expert.  So there will be a class that will be the right amount of challenge and fun for you.

I see in your signature you own two trials bike.  You should bring both so your son can ride too.   🙂

Doc

• 4 weeks later...

I was the observer on section #2 that was on the other side of the creek at the Flushing (Bent Fenders) event.  I'm glad you guys had fun. We don't have much property at that location but it's good for spectators. 

The next event is in Metamora.  It's being hosted by the Great Lakes club.   This is a really wonderful property and a great event.  So if you liked the Whitemore Lake (Metro) and/or Flushing (Bent Fenders) you'll definitely want to check out the Metamora (Great Lakes) event.

Just a note for riders who have not ridden at this property before.  The property owners ask that people do not ride the course prior to the event starting.  That's a special requirement for just this property.  I believe it's a horse farm and horse folks ride the property.  So I think they close all the up all the horse riding during the official hours of the event.  But before the event they don't want motorcycles running into horseback riders.  At least I think that's the issue.

I'll probably create a post for this event with the details.

Doc

Edited by Doc_d
  • Like 2