Posted (edited)

Just got a new 2019 Wings unit for the 690R- They only come with one insert now- Anyone have one of the older quiet DB killer inserts that you arent using ? Havent swapped mufflers yet just a little concerned about sound levels...

Edited by Augmach5
typo

Thanks for the response.... do you know if the 2019 exhaust is any different then previous models as far as mounting? I have not found any information regarding fitment for the 2019 from any exhaust manufacturers. Also where did you get your wings from did you order it Direct? Thanks for the info

http://wings.si/ver4/index.html

2019 comes with a different flange/connector piece. $460 shipped from Slovenia. Fast shipping, free t-shirt, looks nice but the main guy didn't seem to understand why folks would be annoyed that the pipe now comes without two inserts and didn't exactly make that clear. 

Yeah, that's about the going rate. Interestingly though, the Wings people consider the value of the Wings end can to be $180. I guess the rest is shipping? 

Pipe is pretty sweet minus the sub-par instructions and quiet db killer that's no longer included. It's got some volume for sure but is very liveable. 

MVIMG_20190427_145533.jpg

• Like 1

I have an extra larger insert you can have . Maybe you can weld in a smaller pipe and copy the DB killer ? This way if you mess it up its nothing lost . 

• Helpful 1

Keep en eye on your turn signal as they've been known to melt...

• Like 1

Keep en eye on your turn signal as they've been known to melt...
Melted mine lol

My 17 Enduro r melted with an Arrow exhaust but was much closer to the turn signal as on the 19 smcr it doesn't seem to be an issue since the rear tail section seems to be redesigned fingers crossed.

Replaced my huge stock blinkers for some tiny LEDs that stay out of the path of exhaust. 20190513_160802.jpegScreenshot_20190515-094903_Gallery.jpeg

How are the neighbors liking that Wings without the DB killer? -) 

How are the neighbors liking that Wings without the DB killer? -) 

Keep the rpms under 2500 and ride 2 gears high until I leave the HOA lol. It's pretty quite doing that. But I try to be a good neighbor in other aspects and never got a complaint about my motorcycle shenanigans. Even when I'm testing jetting changes on my plated 2 stroke! I firmly believe loud pipes save lives. Anyone that has spent time on the street with a motorcycle know people just dont see you half the time. Ups the odds if they can hear you!

• Like 1

I'm with you - Wings with updated 2019 insert isn't quiet but won't wake the dead. 

Posted (edited)

My 2019 Wings came with 2 inserts, sticker sheet, T-shirt and a sweet mini Wings muffler keychain.  Also no insert + no donkey ear turn signals = no problem. I built my own fender eliminator and have an integrated LED strip for all my tail lights. 

FBB37C61-D027-4081-A41C-8025C61CC23B.jpeg

AFE842C4-0E50-4CF8-91F1-110A4C203306.jpeg

D95D90F6-6E11-4B17-8E1E-E6C5C853F6D3.jpeg

AF260E86-5713-4B26-99CB-8AA4E1D38D08.jpeg

Edited by 6nine4
Added

Posted (edited)

searched the site and finding conflicting info..

does installing this Wings exhaust actually require an ECU MAP?  ie.  Akra  MAP?

my 2nd hand 2011 690 enduro had an FMF on it.  Has the KTM foam filter and EVO1 airbox lid.  how can i check what MAP has been loaded?  does this require the use of  TUNECU?

thanks y'all 

Edited by sportbiker

On 6/13/2019 at 8:52 AM, sportbiker said:

searched the site and finding conflicting info..

does installing this Wings exhaust actually require an ECU MAP?  ie.  Akra  MAP?

If you run the Wings with an insert in you don’t need to re-map the bike. If you run it with the insert removed, then you need to re-map

In other news I got my Tekmo header installed tonight. 

C07A315A-A9AD-4722-B708-88D1AA355D25.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 6nine4 said:

If you run the Wings with an insert in you don’t need to re-map the bike. If you run it with the insert removed, then you need to re-map

In other news I got my Tekmo header installed tonight. 

C07A315A-A9AD-4722-B708-88D1AA355D25.jpeg

Hi, got a full akra line (old 2018 evo kit) set on 2019 enduro r, and also open airbox (twin air filter) (and no cat for sure).

Seems that there is no alternative map available here in europe. Dealer says it's ok because euro 4. Actually, works well (a bit noisy..), no stalling but huge pops / deflagrations while deccelerating, so I put some inox wool in the muffler just back the spark arrestor,(Harley guy trick) and it's ok now. 

I felt a huge improvement, lot more torque (wheelie without clutch in 3rd gear), the "empty feeling" below 4-5000 rpm has disapeared. 

Looking on various forums, german, french, GB, US, people say that coober ecu on top of that is huge improvement, some say that it does quite nothing, same feelings about PC5, some say that it's a shame to skip the remap, as it was a must for previous years, etc.

Do I have to set a PC5 ? Is it a huge improvement or just comfort/ smoother device ? 

A picture of the rockproof beast (had to build pannier racks and protections by myself, nothing was available when I bought it).

Thanks for your advice.

20190528_162718.jpg

• Like 1