You had to know the tx300i was coming once the te300i came out. If I was going to buy a brand new woods bike today it would be a TX300.

• Like 2

I've got one paranoid riding partner that I am sure is calling around right now trying to find a leftover 2019 300 TX/XC with a carb and another that is probably calling the same dealers to see if he can be first on the list to get a new fuelie.

I've ridden a 2019 300 XCW TPI and liked it.  I won't buy one because I am four stroke guy at heart going all the way back to my first Honda 100 when I was twelve in the mid 80s, but I sure wouldn't hesitate in the least to get a 2020 TX/XC 300 TPI and I will definitely be taking one for an extended spin at some point in time.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Its the same situation anytime anything switches to fi. When cars began to switch over all the old crotchety guys were up in arms about the short-comings of fi. When sportbikes began switching in the early 2000s i remember so many guys looking for left over carb bikes because they hated "the feel" of fi. And after i got my first fi bike (2001 cbr600f4i) more than a couple bikers stopped to say "nice bike, too bad it's fi". I would usually respond with "yes... Too bad i dont have to take apart 4 carbs and rebuild them every few years and then sync them and then take them apart again anytime i want to mod the bike". Oh the shit storm that would start.

Change is always met with some resistence. Why should dirt bikes be any different. FI works in almost every application with less headache than carb. Get over it you old crotchety mfers.

Edited by Zinergy
  • Like 5
  • Helpful 2
  • Haha 5

16 minutes ago, Zinergy said:

Its the same situation anytime anything switches to fi. When cars began to switch over all the old crotchety guys were up in arms about the short-comings of fi. When sportbikes began switching in the early 2000s i remember so many guys looking for left over carb bikes because they hated "the feel" of fi. And after i got my first fi bike (2001 cbr600f4i) more than a couple bikers stopped to say "nice bike, too bad it's fi". I would usually respond with "yes... Too bad i dont have to take apart 4 carbs and rebuild them every few years and then sync them and then take them apart again anytime i want to mod the bike". Oh the shit storm that would start.

Change is always met with some resistence. Why should dirt bikes be any different. FI works in almost every application with less headache than carb. Get over it you old crotchety mfers.

&%$#@! You!!!!

• Helpful 1
  • Haha 4

18 minutes ago, Zinergy said:

The real question is why?

Is this being done because the performance numbers are increased

Is this being done because the cost of manufacturing is reduced

Is this being done to meet environmental standards keeping the market viable

It's not needed

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Babyarmholdingapple said:

The real question is why?

Is this being done because the performance numbers are increased

Is this being done because the cost of manufacturing is reduced

Is this being done to meet environmental standards keeping the market viable

It's not needed

How about the fact that FI works optimally at most altitudes, in most temps with little to 0 input from the rider/owner? Just ride and let the computer sort it out. There are no annual or semi-annual carb cleanings/rebuilds.. as the pressure from FI systems blows right through the passage ways no matter if you left last years gas sitting in the system. In most cases a smoother delivery of power across all rpms. It's overall less headaches and work for the owner which equals more ride time.

P.S. all the bikes I own are carbed lol but I have to say I sure am glad my ATVs are FI. It used to take me 3 times as long to get the carbs out than it did to take them apart, clean them and put them back together.

Edited by Zinergy
  • Like 2
  • Helpful 1

2 minutes ago, Zinergy said:

How about the fact that FI works optimally at most altitudes, in most temps with little to 0 input from the rider/owner? Just ride and let the computer sort it out. There are no annual or semi-annual carb cleanings/rebuilds.. as the pressure from FI systems blows right through the passage ways no matter if you left last years gas sitting in the system. In most cases a smoother delivery of power across all rpms. It's overall less headaches and work for the owner which equals more ride time.

P.S. all the bikes I own are carbed lol

I’m sure you have been made aware of the current issues with KTM and it’s TPI models, correct? I certainly would not say “overall less headaches and less work for the owner” with them.

8 minutes ago, MANIAC998 said:

I’m sure you have been made aware of the current issues with KTM and it’s TPI models, correct? I certainly would not say “overall less headaches and less work for the owner” with them.

I have, and people always point out the issues with the first year models like it's never going to get fixed and FI is going to be the final straw the brings the world economy crashing to the ground. As soon as the anti-fi guys hear of 1 issue they cling to it and cite it as the reason they still don't own an FI bike 10 years later.

4 stroke have been FI for a decent amount of time now. Would you say 4 stroke FI bikes are unreliable due to FI? Would you say they cause more headaches for owners than the carb bikes?

Edited by Zinergy
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Zinergy said:

I have, and people always point out the issues with the first year models like it's never going to get fixed and FI is going to be the final straw the brings the world economy crashing to the ground. As soon as the anti-fi guys hear of 1 issue they cling to it and cite it as the reason they still don't own an FI bike 10 years later.

4 stroke have been FI for a decent amount of time now. Would you say 4 stroke FI bikes are unreliable due to FI? Would you say they cause more headaches for owners than the carb bikes?

Yes! And No. As others have mentioned, it’s not necessary and certainly increases costs.

For my purposes, I don’t need, nor do I want, a fuel injection bike as my Baja bike.

”Carbs don’t break” is our mantra in Baja.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Zinergy said:

P.S. all the bikes I own are carbed lol but I have to say I sure am glad my ATVs are FI. It used to take me 3 times as long to get the carbs out than it did to take them apart, clean them and put them back together.

I have a 350 with FI and it has had issues at times

I have been to 12,741 feet in Colorado on a jetted bike no issues

It really is not needed 

• Like 2

I know a bunch of guys that are going to be bitching about the weight of the linkage and TPI

One of them bought a XC this year because he said the TPI was to heavy. I told him to lose 10 lbs 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Zinergy said:

You had to know the tx300i was coming once the te300i came out. If I was going to buy a brand new woods bike today it would be a TX300.

Here is a nice tx300

aprilia-tx300.jpg

• Like 4

See... You say a few pro fi statements and it brings the clingers out of the woodwork. Same shit as the sportbike world 15 to 20 years ago.

I have put 100k+ miles on fi road bikes and never so much as put a bottle of fi cleaner in the tank. From the desert floor to 10k feet... Never so much as a hick up and just think thats 100k miles of no carb cleaning.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Zinergy said:

See... You say a few pro fi statements and it brings the clingers out of the woodwork. Same shit as the sportbike world 15 to 20 years ago.

I have put 100k+ miles on fi road bikes and never so much as put a bottle of fi cleaner in the tank. From the desert floor to 10k feet... Never so much as a hick up and just think thats 100k miles of no carb cleaning.

C’mon down to Baja!!!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Zinergy said:

🤣 now that some spin 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, MANIAC998 said:

C’mon down to Baja!!!

Gotta get me a fi dirt bike first lol. I signed up to win a fc450 and yz450f. The drawings in june.... Ill let you know how that goes ?

Edited by Zinergy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Zinergy said:

Too bad i dont have to take apart 4 carbs and rebuild them every few years and then sync them and then take them apart again anytime i want to mod the bike". Oh the shit storm that would start.

🤣

• Helpful 1