2020 Beta Motorcycles Wish List

Message added by ThumperTalk

With the competition releasing new models yesterday, we are a few months late this year in our wild and crazy speculation thread. Even though I am fatigued in asking for the same thing year after year, this always turns into a really good thread and we get to see what lots of people want, after the Demo Day experience I see that I am a tiny part of the demographic for most Beta shoppers.

Here is my condensed version:

4 Strokes:

* A Race Model without lighting (no surprise here, that's the one I'd buy)

* A 250 (not for me but Beta is attracting tons of move up riders)

* A Longer distance suitable Dual Sport (in addition to the RR-S)

2 Strokes:

* A Bigger Bore 

* A Race Model without lighting

X Trainers:

* A small 4 stroke

* A  Race model with better suspension

Overall:

* Improved Forks (solve wear issue)

* Increase Spring rates (tired of losing shootouts for this)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, redhurricane said:

a 200XT with a seat height of 32.5 inches, same at the Honda CRF150F to entice the up and coming riders yet to break the 5ft mark. 190# wet. 

A 200XT would single handedly increase the amount of women riders on the planet. 

• Like 6
  • Helpful 1

200 race edition.

Option of removing the kicker, but please keep it on the damn bike!

Kickstand.

Race Edition not shipped with all the blinker, horn and excessive wiring

I'm fine with the sachs performance, at least on the cc forks, but needs improvement on durability. 

Ditch the useless steering locks.

• Like 2

Figure out a better oil injection system that does not take so much maintenance. One that is capable of running on the rr and race models. This system should be able to take the abuse of racers and be reliable for a trail rider who might take the bike many miles off the dirt road with out worry.

Kickstand: Give us a good kickstand that someone can actually use. This is one of those things that would be easy and very inexpensive to fix. I understand some of you might think i am crying over spilled milk, but to me this is a issues cause of all the work i do maintaining trails.     

• Like 3

Ok .... to be as realistic or as based on full fantasy bs  as however possible ... continue the games. 

Ok simple wish list.

One could be..

nothing.

Im good with what I have. Boring though huh. 

Ok besides that??? The simple... like more choices of suspension since some are kyb crazy ..maybe showa too for that matter.

counterbalancer.. 

again sort of expected and desired by some.

In real world for what I’d like but for sure isn’t happening?

I want 4 strokes with carburetors. 

I want kickstarters on every bike. 

I want stainless steel spokes stock. 

I want a bigger bore 2 stroke.. say about a 400 cc estart 6 speed. 

Actually in a sense anyone could get a kicker now with byob.. and stainless spokes too but byob getting all new wheels.  So mainly it’s big bore 2 strokes and carbed 4 stroke Betas. 

I mean really with Beta we can get a custom made to order bike and no other brand has that. 

What do guys bitch about here?

forks

counterbalancer

battery problems sometimes 

kick stand tips ?

Stock tires suck but that’s minor. 

Some bitch about wiring. I guess that can be upgraded.

I think of everything Ive probably had the worst is with batteries on the 4 strokes . I don’t think that’s necessarily a Beta specific thing though. It’s a 4 stroke riding in hard enduro thing. It’s just giving more problems by design than 2 strokes. But that’s what Id like improved. It’s not specifically identifiable but some stronger charging system and better batteries than what is sold now??? If that can be improved somehow?? What I see now is for those with battery problems on current efi bikes stuck then kick starting isn’t a great option . I can kick my carbed older big bore Beta and Beta 350 if battery dies no problem. I don’t want to carry a battery pack in my backpack. 

So what else? 

Beta at pro level are basically riding mostly stock bikes with suspension done. 

We got the longest warranty.. so make the warranty longer? 

We can get our bikes custom made for us from the factory with all kinds of goodies.. So add more choices of aftermarket for byob?

Maybe more choices of guards that aren’t listed on byob? Add Topar racing and duel gravity and Ptech maybe Dep pipes?...

I want a 350 or 400 or 500 2 stroke. Not realistic. Not going to happen but Id buy one. 

5 hours ago, jms130 said:

I'd like a 250-300cc four stroke, great power, great fuel range and a light weight chassis/engine. 

Unfortunately we where told at the dealer meeting that Beta had no interest in building such a motor. I had been hoping for one too. 

While I don’t think there is anything inherently wrong with the Sachs, at this point it would be good to go with KYB for no other reason than a marketing stand point. 

I never had a problem with the vibration of a 2t, but after owning bikes with a counter balancer (TM)   Wouldn’t want to go back to a bike without it! It’s really nice! 

A real race edition that’s ready to race would be nice, but I say that every year. 

A seat that isn’t as hard as a brick. 

• Like 4

Beta just announced some limited edition run of the 50cc and 125cc will electric blue and flourescent red graphics      

If this is a sneak peak at the 2020 racing edition colours, I like it alot. 

Screenshot_20190508-101442.jpg

• Like 3

1. Adjustable brake pedal height

2. Availability of the BST software for RR owners

3. Something, anything, besides the FMF mufflers. Pro Circuit T6 would be great.

4. Improved rear wheel alignment marks on the swingarm

5. Better electrical accessories wire harnesses / connectors

6. Improved airbox build quality (sealing surface plumbness and lip height)

7. Improved/redesigned frame footpeg mounts (that don't oval out so quickly)

8. Improved/redesigned pipe center mounting point and skidplate mounting points (no more 'clip nut')

• Like 4

13 hours ago, MookEnduro said:

Beta just announced some limited edition run of the 50cc and 125cc will electric blue and flourescent red graphics      

If this is a sneak peak at the 2020 racing edition colours, I like it alot. 

Screenshot_20190508-101442.jpg

Wouldn’t be surprised, looks like the 2018 Factory Edtion Evo trials bikes?  Beta plays with their colors back and forth more than any manufacturer I’ve ever seen. 

7B707220-A961-47EF-AAA1-E1C02CEDA9BD.jpeg

0EAE8ACB-06AE-436D-A222-2BE2DEB689D6.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

On 5/2/2019 at 10:29 AM, hawaiidirtrider said:

Ok simple wish list

again sort of expected and desired by some.

I want kickstarters on every bike.  

What do guys bitch about here?

forks

battery problems sometimes 

kick stand tips :lol:

Some bitch about wiring. I guess that can be upgraded.

I think of everything Ive probably had the worst is with batteries on the 4 strokes . 

It’s a 4 stroke riding in hard enduro thing. It’s just giving more problems by design than 2 strokes.

But that’s what Id like improved. It’s not specifically identifiable but some stronger charging system and better batteries than what is sold now??? If that can be improved somehow?? What I see now is for those with battery problems on current efi bikes stuck then kick starting isn’t a great option . I can kick my carbed older big bore Beta and Beta 350 if battery dies no problem. I don’t want to carry a battery pack in my backpack. 

Upgrade the Beta EFI 4 stroke charging system.

The 2019 charging sucks. Lithium battery runs on empty most of the time. Just enough charge to crank the motor a couple of times.

Fix the wear on the upper fork cylinders. ( Been saying this for years....I know it will never happen)

• NoFiddyPilot changed the title to 2020 Beta Motorcycles Wish List